Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Warnung ! Hot web-site inside.....

Discussion in 'Atlantic Naval Conflict' started by Erich, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Guys, looking over my files and behold something hit me in the face.

For the schnellboote buffs and general Kriegsmarine addicts, authors of the Chronology of the War at Sea, Herr Jürgen Rohwer and Gerhard Hümmelchen have allowed their huge book to be transcribed to the internet. Seekrieg 1939-1945
    In short, many, many sub-links which range from the beginnings of the war to mid-1942 at the present time, boat lists, profiles of kommandeurs, etc....... Please go to the following for the start of the S-boot chronolgy......

www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/km/sboot/serf-w1.htm
    Angriffe Deutscher Schnellboote

if this doesn't work, mail me asap please ! Once you go through the victory listings on this page you scroll down to the bottom and check the rest of the areas of coverage. On the bottom right will list [startseite] and by checking this box this will take you to the front page for the start of some real fun.

enjoy gentlemen :D :D :D

:cool:

E

2. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

AMAZING SITE!!!!!

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welldone my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

It is good isn't it ?!

If you check on the 1st through the 4th S-boot flotilla's and make enlargements of the boot pictures you will find that many of them have either flotilla ensignia's or private emblems. Does seem that even the boats towards the end of the war and at surrender kept them. This site by next year is going to be incredible, especially if they add some new photos for content.

E.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That would be great to see if any "unofficial" flotilla abziechens, are or will be on the open market. For this I will have to check with my German and Frainch contacts.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

let me know on that please ! I think the pics are from private collections and through interviews by the authors.

Also Dave Krakow has a couple more updates on his
    www.prinzeugen.com in the Schnellboote section and has listed a nice bibliography and updated drawings/plans of the Schnellboote in the designs section I think. This probably will be the best web-site dedicated to this fast boat.

E :D :D