Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Website about D-day

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by thomas963, Apr 8, 2013.

1. thomas963

thomas963 New Member

via War44
    Hello

My name is Thomas, I'm from Belgium and I'm developing a new website that's supposed to be ready on the 6th of june this year.
    I worked on this website (D-dayinfo) for about a year but I'm all on my own and I'm searching for someone with the same interests who could help me with maintaining and expanding the website.

The goal of the website is to keep the current and next generation remembered on what happend on the 6th of june 1944. I try to do this by a fresh and modern design that's easy to update and wich will last long in the near future.

The website has got 5 main categories:

- D-day
    - The landings
    - Normandiƫ
    - Stories
    - Tour (tourism)

Here are some example pages for you to see:

- Home page: D-dayinfo
    - Example page: D-day - De planning

Currently the website is only avaible in Dutch but I'm intending to expand this first to English and afterwarts to French and maybe more.

Who do I search? A partner(s), someone who has the same interests about D-day and it's surroundings. What do you need to do? You do what you wan't; search for information to update the website, help translating, give eachother tips, support to visitors, ... anything that would improve the quality of the website.

I have paid many visits to normandy. And I'm also going this summer, to create some kind of video-log about the things to see for tourists.
    and to keep updating my knowledge to put into the website. So you can see how driven i am.

Interested? contact me with a reply below or send me a mail to : thomas.timmers@hotmail.com

Thanks! :happy:

2. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Are yiu still working on this site Thomas ... :ehm: