Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What are some things happening for you?

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Totenkopf, Jan 15, 2009.

1. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

when i was japan, i allied with the allies, and relocated two of my fleets to that area. in 1939, at the onset of war, my first fleet was at Kiel. my second fleet was at the mouth of the Danish-Norwegian strait thing. As a result, and quite unrealistically, the German fleet was completely bottled up. Even when they took more ports in France and Netherlands, they could not move their ships.

2. CommiexD

CommiexD recruit

I was playing online with some friends I was Japan and they where Germany & Italy around 1939 Poland and Romania attacked the USSR and did VARY!!! good by 1940 Poland had taken Moscow and Romaina took Stalingrad i have the game i belive on a save file so i will be adding pics latter on

3. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

As Germany, I had taken most of Europe by 1943. Japan, who never went to war with China, declares war on me. I myself have no navy at all. My armies are mired in a titanic struggle developing around Smolensk.

The Japanese fleets creep up, and land four, then six divisions in ally Vichy French territory in Morocco. Oh dear. I shift down some infantry divisions in Tripoli, and, next thing you know, they've landed in German-occupied Spain. Oh very dear. They free up Gibraltar, while I've finally won in Smolensk. I rush troops back, but, by the time the first reinforcements arrive in Spain, the Japanese fleets have entered the Mediterranean. Troops land in France and Italy. I had captured both the Suez Canal and Gibraltar, so I had not placed any divisions around the Mediterranean Sea.

The AI was VERY, VERY surprising, even for very hard. Usually large scale amphibious operations are very rare, and this Japanese computer launched three or four in a row.