Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What are these bullets?

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by mac_bolan00, Aug 4, 2014.

1. mac_bolan00

mac_bolan00 Member

they're not all WW2 vintage, i think. i saw them in an online "____ things that will amaze you" sort of thing. i'm especially curious about those on the top row (the 5th from left looks like a sabot fletchette.) the bottom row second and third from left also look weird.

[​IMG]

2. harolds

harolds Member

The top row looks like some experimental rounds using different types of bullets. The rifle round on the top-right looks like it is designed to break into three pieces.
    In the middle row, the far left one is a Glaser Safety Slug that is designed for horrendous wounds in flesh but to break up and dissipate if it hits something like a wall or door.Second from right looks like another experimental round. The three on the middle right are perhaps 9mm pistol rounds (being berdan primed) with various bullets. On the bottom left: perhaps a 45acp with a lead bullet and a gas check. Next: a practice round firing a plastic bullet propelled by the primer. Bottom right two: Again auto pistol cartridges with experimental/non-standard bullet-undoubtedly designed to increase lethality.

3. Takao

Takao Ace