Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What IF: The Dec.7'41 Pearl Harbor Attacks Included a Blockship ?

Discussion in 'What If - Pacific and CBI' started by dabrob, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

Ahh...so your answer is that my question is off topic and that I should look at a non-existent thread? :rolleyes:

Oh and another thing...I fail to see how my question is off topic when the title of this thread is "What IF: The Dec.7'41 Pearl Harbor Attacks Included a Blockship ?..... you provided the answer that it would delay the war 2 years....so then I ask how......I don't really see a more relevant topic that could arise......

2. dabrob

dabrob Dishonorably Discharged

Sigh.

This is getting ridiculously confused so lets go back to basics, shall we ?

You first showed up to this discussion with your posting #71 which said,
    I responded with my posting #73 wherein I said,
    which in part, goes on to say,
    So, by this point I have clearly stated that it would be a 3rd wave airstrike that would have slowed down the Pacific War by two years, NOT that a blockship would have done so.

Your own posting #75 then says,
    seems to indicate that you have grasped my point that it was NOT a blockship that would extend the war by two years but rather a 3rd wave airstrike.

I then responded to your posting #75 with my own #79 which says, in part,
    Note that I am still refering to a 3rd wave air strike here since there has been no further mention of a blockship between us.

You then responded with your posting #84 which says,
    This appears to me to be where our conversation has "come off the rails".

It appears that at this point, you reverted to a belief that a blockship would cause a 2 year delay, when I had never indicatd that to be my point of view, at all.

I responded in posting #86 with,
    because I was still suggesting that it would be the 3rd air strike that would delay the war by 2 years, not a blockship.

Your postings #87 and #90 complained ...
    in apparent reference to a blockship when I thought that we were both still discussing an off-topic (for this thread) 3rd air strike, hence my response in my posting #96 of
    where I was trying to steer us out of what I thought was an ongoing off-topic discussion of a 3rd air strike, by telling you where I was intending on starting a new thread on that very topic.

Any silliness following stems from your ongoing misunderstanding that I have claimed that an ATL blockship at Pearl Harbor would extend the length of the Pacific War by two years.

I have never tyoed that assertion. 'Tis your own invention.

I have only ever suggested that a 3rd wave air strike there, might have accomplished a 2 year extension.The only relationship that a PH blockship has to that entire 3rd wave idea is that such a "cork in the channel" might have been able to retain surviving USN warships within PH while the KB's warplanes were re-arming on their 6 carriers for that 3rd wave attack. More "fish in a barrel" type targets rather than USN warships maneuvering at high speed out on the open ocean.

Are we clear now ?

Geez.

3. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

dabrob.......you need to find something else to talk about. You keep posting your silly "What If" scenarios with smarmy condescending comments and you keep getting proved wrong.

Do you notice a pattern?

You have been given ample oppurtunity to adhere to the acceptable practices and yet you continue.

Drop the 'tis the sighs and the other bull from your responses and show some respect; if you can't do that then we will not play with you anymore.

Brad

4. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

I don't want to sidetrack this thread any further with this argument .

So then what do you think a blockship achieves?? That is what this 5 page thread you started is about and you think it does essentially nothing?

On a third wave from Nagumo.....It is not that simple. Nagumo's plane force had been cut in half due to destroyed and damaged aircraft. If he was to launched another strike it would have been much weaker than the previous and by that point the US had all of their AA batteries manned and over 50 aircraft still in good enough shape to be used. Nagumo also had to consider the threat of the US carriers whose location was unknown to him. The amount of time it would have taken for the attack to be launched would have forced any remaining planes to be landing in the dark. Now with that being said, if Nagumo chose to launch the attack, his reduced force would not have been able to fully eliminate the repair facilities spread out around the island as well as all the fuel tanks. There is no way an attack like this could delay the war for two years.

formerjughead likes this.
  5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

enough is enough. Closed

mikebatzel and formerjughead like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.