Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What if YOU were the Fuehrer

Discussion in 'What If - Other' started by dasreich, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dasreich

dasreich Member

Say somehow you were in the position of Hitler during the years preceding WW2...what would you have done differently?

I think I would have eased up on anti-jewish rhetoric and probably try to develop jets and long range bombers.

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

I am already the Führer!!! :D

[​IMG]

If I had been him I would have cut off many nazi policies, all the discriminative and genocide ones. But I'd still be a dictator. [​IMG] with democracy [​IMG]

I would have appointed Albert Speer ministry of weaponry in 1939 and would give him 100% of freedom... (I am not hi-jacking other threads :rolleyes: ) I would not have bombard Great Britain. I would not have declared war on USA unless Japan would have declared war on USSR. I would have indeed invaded the USSR in summer 1941 with a fully-mechanised Wehrmacht. And if everything goes fine, with a R.I.P. on USSR and GB I would go for the yanks!!! :D I am a bit ambitous... :rolleyes: (I can't avoid it, I'm a taurus)... :D

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

And would have shaved that mustach!
    [​IMG]
    And would have combed my hair properly! [​IMG]

And then would have chased many young blondes! ;)I think Eva Braun was pretty, but I can get better! :rolleyes: :D [​IMG] :cool:

4. dasreich

dasreich Member

You know...I had my suspicions... :D

I think the hair is fine though. I would too have gone after more blonds...

Curious though, where would you have chosen to invaded us? Daytona beach perhaps...lots o' blonds there!

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Seriously though--no Concentration Camps, and I would listen more to my Field generals. I would Fire Goring and place Kesselring or Galland or Richthofen in the highest positions in the Luftwaffe.

I would stand goebbles against a wall and have him shot.

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Nice ones.
    It seems we have a lot of Fuhrers making huge conquests in the female front...

I don´t know about the pre-war years, I think alot was going on and the army came up from nothing. Naturally the camps would have to go, yet is there an easy answer to this because the aggressive line of nazis was the part that brought them to power...??
    Yes, indeed, Goering must go. After the battle of Britain at the latest, but Dunkerque was enough bad, I think.
    Goebbels was a disgusting type but he was a genious. I read that in the 20-30´s Berlin was a red city, full of communists, even Hitler feared to go there. He sent Goebbels to do the impossible and he did it!! He threw the communists out of their own home city! I would keep him even if it hurs like hell.

But most I think I´d go for the 1941 part, and never should I be ruling over OKW. That was a very bad mistake. I know this ain´t the pre-war years but I cannot say what should be changed back then as many things went rather well for germany, victory after another! ( Anschluss, Chamberlain in Munich, Soviet pact etc )

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Great posting Kai....

Actually Berlin was a VERY hot spot and full of "reds" as early as 1918. In 1919, various Freikorps sprang up in defense of many major and smaller cities and regions.

It was chiefly the3 Freikorps who crushed and expelled the reds from all over Germany, and parts of Austria, Hungary, Poland, etc.

The chief agitators (names escaps me at the moment) I think they were the Rosenbergs, were captured and executed by the Freikorps.

From time-to-time--the reds caused trouble here and there, causing the Freikorps to keep operating or to reform and crush the threats.

Ill give more info when I have time.

Some chief unites involved (some of the more famous Freikorps units were Freikorps von Epp, Freikorps Paul von Hindenburg, Freikorps Barenfeld, Freikorps Wilhelmshaven etc.

8. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I would go along with the others. Things I would do:

-Get rid of the red menace
    -Make all Germans more nationalistic
    -Make Nazism truly nationalistic
    -Focus on technology in improving military and way of life
    -It would be a dictatorship so get rid of rival parties.
    -Create more trade partnerships
    -Follow the communist route and spread Facism outside of the German borders.

What I would not do:
    -persecute the Jews. There were plenty of talented Jews that loved the fatherland but were driven away because of Hitler. They too hated the versailles treaty and were glad at first when Hitler started attacking it.
    -Gennocide
    -Be belligerant. Build the Wehrmacht first.
    -Surround myself with freaky dickies.
    -Give other countries reasons to attack Germany

Running out of time so I will post more later

9. Sniper

Sniper Member

I'm with PzJgr on this.

I would build Germany back up to where she could influence the whole continent, either politically or financially, whilst building up my Army with new technology and tactics. But not giving anyone a reason to openly attack.

Most of the eastern European states like Roumania, Hungary, Bulgaria etc. could have been influenced easily with trade deals.

I would set Herr Goebbels the task of spreading the word, so to speak. He may have been a slimey character but a great PR man. And if you want to conquer the world, either politically or militarily you need good PR.

I would deifnitely ditch some of the others, like Goering, and especially Himmler. You couldn't trust the man, he may have appeared loyal but at the end.....

And babes, yes, I'd probably replace my Leibstandardte male guards with female guards. Women in uniform, there's nothing like it!! :D :D :D

Just imagine the impression you would give to visiting dignitaries like Chamberlain. Who us, make war?? [​IMG]

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - Unknown

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The last one was quite nice...

There´s often spelling problems on Leibstandarte but none this time.Liebestandarte, eh?

11. Sniper

Sniper Member

Ya, Der Liebestandardte, mmmmmmmmm ;) ;) ;)

12. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

I agree with PzJgr a lot and with most of you!

I really would have needed Goebbels in the cabinet, so...

LIEBEstandarte. Really nice! :cool: [​IMG] ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.