Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What is it about war that is attractive to the young?

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by jasontc, Dec 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Well I would say, go for it. Im no recruiter...In fact I have a bee in my bonnet with recruiters but thats another thread.....

At 21 you know your own mind. Youve done Uni, your aware of your surroundings more and have experience already with differing folks....

As long as you dont do it for the reasons you have seen some on other threads espousing, such as I would love to go to war etc...

I see no problem with your decision making process.

I just think myself you must be aware of the present dangers. Thats not a stopper though..thats what servicemen do...But your preffered choice of unit is going to put you right up there with an extremely high exposure to, well you know what to...

But good luck and get some more advice from your own USA guys whove served if you can before signing on the dotted line.

The only reason I am concerned with folk joining is not as in your case, ones who have given it thought, but those that dont think too hard about the consequences to themselves.

I have never fired a shot in anger. although have had injuries in warlike situations on a more policing side of things. But Ive shared the wards and gyms with guys and gals who have been horribly injured worse than myself. It makes you re assess. It doesnt make me think I wish I never served. But it makes me want to shake some youngsters about a bit at times when they glorify war.

Im happy to see you are not one and the best of British luck.