Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What's going on in the US?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Sniper, Jan 11, 2003.

1. charlie don't surf

charlie don't surf Member

Carl, what is a Cohiba?

/Daniel :confused:

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi CDS--it is a very expensive Cuban Cigar. Last i heard if you could get one here in the USA--they went for about $50.00 a piece.

3. charlie don't surf

charlie don't surf Member

Aha, well personally I don't smoke. As a matter of fact I never even tried it. I also stay away from coffee.

Best regards/ Daniel [​IMG]

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Me too--I no smoke and no drink. [​IMG] Besides--I have asthema and also I cant see spending a fortune on something thta is just going to burn away--id rather buy militaria :D

5. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

:D :D :D This had me laughing...

I did mean the Orson Wells broadcast... but truth be told, if you had told me that HG Wells had done it, I probably would have believed you!!! ;)

Erich, I'll let you know... I should be able to get my hands on a few copies. I'd actually be very interested to get your input- I know you know the field! I need a copy first, though! ;)

Carl, I know you are good with your posts and stuff... I think my issues regarding sources and whatnot were duly noted.
    And I'm not even going to think about the alien thing. I'll just join Carl for that Cohiba...

6. redcoat

redcoat Ace

Seeing we are on the subject of aliens, has anyone seen the TV program "Taken" by Steven Spielburg?
    Normally I love programs like the "X files" and "Star Trek" and the like, but this program is complete garbage. What on earth (sorry about the pun :D ) has got into Spielburg :confused:

7. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I saw taken and liked it, it was really funny. Oh, hang on, it wasnt supposed to be a comedy? oops...

Maybe I should be worried because that night I dreampt about chasing aliens around my room with an MG42, perhapse I should keep that to myself...

Ok, some more non ww2 trivia- what was the name of the gunboat that destroyed the first alien tripod in War of the Worlds (the original) and what is its significance in Star Trek (sorry if its a bad starter but I think we should get this going).

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thanks Crazy, I would appreciate a copy if that is possible......

talked with my brother last night who lives just north of Camp Pendelton, another 7,000 plus troops just left for the mid-east......I think our governmental officials must be smokin some bad doobie. Looks like we will invade Irag, Iran, Turkey and anything else till we reach north Korea......geez O it must be aliens masquerading in the white house :eek: :D

E

9. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Don't say I didn't warn you guys....It is on the Net! :D

Great thread, guys! keeps me in stitches :D

BTW Carl, aren't you engaging in an illegal activity? Aren't Cuban sigars still forbidden in the States?

I smuggled some to the States a few years back for my sigar-deprived brother-in-law, and had visions of myself in San Quentin...Sweated it out at the custums-desk...But I outwitted them!

10. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Oh good god, can we have a smiley face to chose forf aliens?? Maybe a smiling face with one eye?

Thunderchild, thats the name of the boat that hit the tripod in the song on the album ...war of the worlds..dont know if thats the one in the US movie that was made?

Standing firm between them...there stood thunderchild....moving swiftly through the water, cannons blazing as she went..oh I give up Im no good at Kareoke..

11. Jumbo_Wilson

Jumbo_Wilson Member

Steve

Carl isn't supporting Castro, he's just burning his crops down.

12. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Ah! I get it! Smoke 'em into submission!

That'll teach them! :D

[ 16. January 2003, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Stevin Oudshoorn ]

13. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Mmmmm (puff,puff) Cohiba are actually very strong and rather an 'acquired taste'. Prefer Rafael Gonzalez myself...

( No problems getting Cuban cigars in London but you need to go to Amsterdam for Crazy's favoured weed ;) ) Err, sorry - what was the topic, again ? :D

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Crazy--and as long as your paying for the Cigar--ill help smoke it for you as I cant afford one. :cool: yet ;) Glad to hear that Shotgun Shell Lighter still works :D

Hi Stevin--Cuban Cigars are illegal--but I do know a few members of Law Enforcement who smokes them. Just HOW they get Cuban Cigars is beyond me :cool:

Jumbo--not only burning down his tobacco crops--but reaping the benefits of being able to have my Cohibas without having to spend hundreds of dollars for them.

Martin--you had me rolling with that one--he he he. :D

15. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Carl, That brother in law of mine? he is a sheriff in Ca....Maybe that will answer your Q? :D

Martin, are you family of Stephen Bull, the author?

[ 16. January 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Stevin Oudshoorn ]

16. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Martin my friend- Amsterdam aint got nothing that my study dosen't have as well!! ;) ;)

The lighter does work great... for cigars anyway ;) ! And a couple times, I've been out on the porch lighting up a stoge and someone in the parking lot or next door has given me a rather odd look as I raise a shotgun shell towards my face!
    But, Carl, on the Cohibas... I thought it was your treat! Geez... does Crazy have to supply ALL the smoking materials? :D

OK. I can manage that. Pipes and cigars all around! Tobacco pipes, also!

Hee hee... who cares?? This one is developing quite a nice life of it's own!

Although I'd like to see some more sources for some of this info...

:D ;) :D ;)

17. Martin Bull

Sorry, Stevin - not related to anyone famous :(

I'm 'umble, very 'umble..... ;)

18. Martin Bull

19. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Thunderchild is right but in the american film and radio show there was no thunderchild. It actually destroyed 2 tripods. So is the thread now about cigars? I like the smell but dont smoke myself, makes me throw up (thats what comes of living in the house of a smoker I guess). So has anyone else got a question...

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Stevin--thats good enough for me ;) and maybe he can send a box of them to Crazy for him to enjoy :D And Crazy--no funny substances included ;)