Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What's your newest militaria III

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by Skipper, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Skip, also, great additions. And ill be flabbergasted if those trousers are German? IF so? lets make a deal as I still NEED a pair for my Artillery Major. Im game for a trade if those are German?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skip, its Army ;-)0 or Wehrmacht as a whole.

Skipper likes this.
  3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The trouser are French officers "mastic" model trousers , they were inspired by an English officer fashion and officialized in the French army in the 1920s-1930s.

EDIT : I have opened a special new thead in the uniform and gear section for you guys to compare the pantalon mastic vs the Reiter Hose.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

ah it is not necessarily army the symbol is for the inner city militia police force(s) that occupied every major German city in some sort. remember these guys esepcially the older gents with the funny looking hats ?

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Now you both experts got me confused, the thing with those reductions is that they do'nt always look like the large ones so I could not associate this one. The only information I have is this was found in a scrap yard (iron recycling) and the man put such pins in box whenever he comes accross them and sell his trophess at local fairs. Therfore I think this was once worn by a man who was stationed in France during the war. When I bought it , it was all covered with a white chalkish reaction which I removed by dipping it in vinegar for a night.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

personally Skip in this case the Police is a separate entity and not associated with any military branch, remember the armed police forces wear a Gorget around their necks like a bunch of monkeys

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Skip and I THOUGHT the color was a bit odd for it to be German but wanted to make sure ;-))

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Oh im not an expert in anything but, the Police Eagles wings are not as long as the Military eagle wings are-even early versions-or so that I have seen ;-))

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from the same soldier, goggles, a belt and his bread bag. Note the bread bag compared to one I posted earlier this week and see this one is in absolute mint condition.

10. Vintovka

Vintovka Member

I got this bullet riddled Soviet mess tin that was dug up in Estonia. now I am not to fond of such items as I can imagine there's a 90 percent chance the bullets that hit this mess tin also hit a person,and would have been better for this piece to stay in its historic resting place on the field. But since someone dug it,I figured It would receive more respect in my home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Nice one Vintovka! The mess tin also has some shrapnel damage, but it is not 100 % sure it actually hit a person, he could have taken cover while his mess tin halted the Germans :D

I am guessing Carl has striken on the some of the auctions yesterday, i saw a very nice "Mg-34 in field" picture, which i think(And hope) Carl got a hold of.7

I am saving up for a militaria and arms fair which is the 21 of may, hopefully i will get my hands on an MG or something.
    Not a big price today, but at least i got me one picture of a crashed French plane:
    [​IMG]

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

any hints as to the type and the crashsite ? The landscape makes me think of eastern France

13. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

No, sry, the who sells this has sold almost 24 000 items, most of them are ww2 pics, so there is no info on the crash.

14. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

I thought I would clear this up a bit. This stickpin is refered to as the "Abzeichen fur Angestellte and Arbeiter bei Heer, Kriegsmarine und Waffen-SS" it is for civilian work for the Army, Navy and Waffen-SS and came in two classes...gold and silver. It is widely accepted that the gold denoted 25 years faithful service...but as we all know the Wehrmacht wasn't around that long...so perhaps it denoted a higher level of ones importance.

There is also a specific version for the Luftwaffe that sports a 'winged swastika' inside the wreath.

This award exists in both nadel and anstecknadel construction.

Rich

Skipper likes this.
  15. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

This arrived today and I am quite pleased, as it is my first:

16. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

OK, I assume there is supposed to be something visible, but I don't see it. I'm sure it's lovely, though.

17. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Yeah it is Mr. Smart Ass Remark guy!!!!!:rolleyes:.....I despise this new photo upload with every bone in my body.

Now that, that is out of my system:
    [​IMG]

I simply must take a moment and thank Skipper for the above item; he provided fast fair and friendly service and was very accomodating to my price range. Hopefully he will be able to share more about the provenance of this piece. I am totally pleased with this aquisition.:D

Erich likes this.
  18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hi Brad, I'm glad you like the helmet and that it arrived so fast. Some of you may have seen it at displayed with other helmets on the garage sale pictures I showed you last month. Brad "fell in love" with this particular M-42 shell because it is a clean battle relic that is not falling apart and except some cleaning and polishing by a previous owner has never been touched or restaured and is preserved for the future. I sometimes come accross those helmets ,but they are getting hard to find here too nowadays due to growing popularity. Unfortunately I do'nt know too much about the provenance. It was sold to me by someone who picked it up on my account at a fair, but has not asked where it came from. I suppose it from my area, but , that's just a guess. One thing is for sure it 's been worn in occupied France from and dates can be from 1942 to 1944 (or 1945 if in the atlantic pockets)

Erich likes this.
  19. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

am giving you both salute's for the simple reason . . . . . . . this is what forums are about in my humble opinion, exchange of information even militaria on a positive note

congrats to both of you which appears to be a very smooth transaction.

RRcollector good eyes and info's on the Police pin.

Skipper likes this.
  20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Allow me to return the gallantry Erich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.