Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where to go?

Discussion in 'North Africa and the Mediterranean' started by Onthefield, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Onthefield

Onthefield Member

Well, in two weeks I will be going to N. Africa, more specifically Morocco and am very excited to see the Sahara for the first time. I'm wondering if there is anything to see in Morocco WWII oriented; sights, museums, anything? If anyone knows of anything, please update me, thank you.

2. Onthefield

Onthefield Member

Anyone have any suggestions? Just wondering because when I'm there I'd like to scope out the place.

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

I can't think of anything WW2 in Marocco. Maybe in Casablanca the atmos of WW2 still lingers? I doubt if any remnants of the war exist there; there was no fighting, though Casablanca was a major logistics point. To find WW2 stuff, I guess you have to go to Tunesia and Lybia. Maybe you will find the odd burned out tank. I think visiting ancient archeological sites will prove more satisfying. There are some BEAUTIFUL Roman and Carthagian, etc. ruins in those countries.
    As to batllefields, I think the closest to Marocco would be Kassrine Pass....But that is Tunesia, I believe...

4. Onthefield

Onthefield Member

I'll definetly be exploring Stevin. I'm not going to make it to Tunisia this time but when I do I'll bring it up to see where I can go. Thanks for the advice on the architecture, I'll be looking for it! ;)