Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where would YOU serve in WW2?

Discussion in 'What If - Other' started by Kai-Petri, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Fortis

Fortis Member

Oh it would have to be in the SS, commanding a Tiger tank. How could anyone not ever dream of sitting in the cupola of one these babies being all "Oddball-like" hamming Soviet tanks in the largest turkey shoot known to man known as Kursk (even though the Germans lost :eek:).

2. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Im one that has no such desire or dream.

3. Fortis

Fortis Member

Well, not so much the blowing up other tanks and the killing and the death and blood and smell of cooking bodies the makeshift ovens aka tanks.

But I still think being a commander of a Tiger tank would be awesome!! and being as cool as Oddball from Kelly's Heroes, well........ that would just be a plus.:cool:

4. Fortis

Fortis Member

Well, not so much the blowing up other tanks and the killing and the death and blood and smell of cooking bodies in makeshift ovens aka tanks.

But I still think being a commander of a Tiger tank would be awesome!! and being as cool as Oddball from Kelly's Heroes, well........ that would just be a plus.:cool: Its a mother beautiful tank!!!:rolleyes:

5. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

You, your Tiger, Salerno Beachhead. Me, my cruiser, 15,000 yards off shore with an SOC in the air. Can you say deluge of 6" shells and scrap metal?

6. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

You're right, the Tiger was a beautiful tank. Provided it didn't break-down, run out of fuel, throw a track off maneuvering on soft ground, get stuck in the mud, catch one of Mr. Gardner's 6" shells or as Oddball himself said "Got hit square in the ass" by a T34 or Sherman. Too many negative waves man! BTW Oddball was more crazy than cool, (the clue is in the name.) :spin:

7. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Not to mention getting caught in the open and ripped to sh1t by a flight of Mustangs....

8. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Yep awesome!!!! Oh wait.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

Look at that baby! Dang that gives me shivers just looking at it!

10. Triple C

Triple C Ace

More than one way to skin a cat. Mr. Murphy is nobody's friend.

I still don't get why so many people want get killed trying to enslave Europe, maybe it's the spiffy uniform and all that black leather.

11. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

[​IMG]

Never underestimate the power of a Caterpillar D7!

12. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

you guys want to post the site(s) you are using the pics from please, so we do not get snubbed for copyright probs !

14. Fortis

Fortis Member

The Tiger may have copped a tonne and may have more faults than you can poke a stick at but it is still a "dead" sexy beast of steel.

Salerno Beach, if I were in a Tiger during the war I definitely would not want to be anywhere near the water, because of the whole cats not liking water and all.:D:rolleyes: I would take that Tiger and drive it one of the secret V-2 launch site/caves and wait it out. Just sitting in that cave patting the Tiger. Just hoping no one blew the dang thing up! Hahaha!!

With the SS thing, yeah, its definitely all about the uniform. Black leather coat, skull and cross bones symbols everywhere, its fantastic!! *note sarcasm.

No, not really, but seriously. I think it would be really interesting to see Michael Wittman or Ernst Barkman in action during the defense of Normandy and being that they were both SS and caused a heap of damage on Allied armour, I figured why be on the receiving end of an 88 and 75mm round. ;)

15. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

If they are not used for profit or publication, then there's no chance of that happening. Is there a lawyer in the house! Just to make sure you know....

16. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

LOL Like this A-58 :) .

"**Copyright Message**
    In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is being distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only. Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work including such use by reproduction in copies or phono records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is NOT an infringement. "

17. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

There some great pics of " Taken Out " tigers JC

PS....Fortis............ "I would take that Tiger and drive it one of the secret V-2 launch site/caves and wait it out"

If you would do that every time an allied plane was in the air, you would need your own convoy of fuel trucks! :D

"Just sitting in that cave patting the Tiger. Just hoping no one blew the dang thing up!"........ oh you'd be a great tiger commander, very aggressive indeed ;)

JCFalkenbergIII likes this.
  18. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Thanks Andy :). And I think most German Tank commanders might be shot for cowardice for taking such actions :rolleyes: ;). LOL

19. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

no problem ;) .....ya and i don't think those poor guys who have to set up and fire the V-2's would like a tiger tank constantly driving around them - those V-2's were nasty to work with, all on their own!

:tiger:

20. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Or assigned to a penal battalion on the Eastern Front, clearing minefields.