Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where would YOU serve in WW2?

Discussion in 'What If - Other' started by Kai-Petri, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Pipodeclown

Pipodeclown recruit

I would be with the RAF with a spitfire!

2. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

Ahhh yes.... A wing-man. you and me brother, where are those pesky Luftwaffe? :aa_germany::spar2::aa_uk:

3. Red

Red Member

If I had the opportunity to chose what army I would serve with it would be the Red Army. My uncle and my grandfather both served in the Red Army.
    My uncle was a Captain, he made it all the way to Berlin, died in 2003. I would take his spot in the war.

4. neverseperat

neverseperat Member

Just as I actually did, Austria

5. tartarus

tartarus recruit

i would be in the 101st airborne division or i could just be a sniper for the marines.

6. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

i would like to serve during ww2 in the british airforce fighter-bomber plane -the mosqutio.Being it's pilot or the navgitor man and just skimmy through the air during the war. i would think during ww2,that would have been the best job ever and would have been a thrilled of a time.

7. Tonto

Tonto recruit

No matter what, I would be in the US

European Theatre -- 101st Airborne Paratrooper
    Pacific Theatre -- Most Likely in the Marines.

8. solobeano

solobeano recruit

I would serve in a russian partisan group,french resitance,or 193rd rifle division of the red army

9. LeatherneckAg

LeatherneckAg Member

People seem to forget that if they were to go back and join the Wehrmacht or SS, however cool their Panzers and Uniforms were and however formidable they may have been, you would have a very, very, small chance of surviving or not being sent off to slave labor in Siberia. Italy would be a nice place to be stationed as a GI I suppose.

urqh likes this.
  10. Triple C

Triple C Ace

A small, small chance of surviving--and a much bigger chance, depending on when you signed up, that you would be forced to do all kinds of horrible things that you would never want your loved one or, for that matter, the rest of humanity to know.

Nobel literature prize laureate Guenther Gras was drafted the 10th SS Panzer Division at the age of 16 and fought from Normandy to Marienbad. He spent the rest of his life writing works of fiction that are highly critical of Nazi Germany. Gerd Ledig, another novelist, was a sturmpioneer and later assigned to a penal battalion for unknown reasons. He abolustely detested the war.

One of the things that Roscoe Blunt's Foot Soldier that I could not forget is how he saw a teenage Waffen SS trooper was executed by the German commander because he shared a piece of bread with his American prisoners. "They found out about the bread. I am to be shot," Blunt said: "that was his last words."

11. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

that soldier Roscoe should have knowen better,he knows how bad the german generals are(there's no free of speech in the nazis ruling) willing to kill there own soliders/men over hardly anything.
    can't believe he died over a piece bread or worst by his own side! did not the germans knew this-there's no need to kill you're own soldiers,the allies are already doing it for the germans.

The best place to fight during ww2 is with the Allies-britain or america,free of speech (better for america,they started late,better the chance of surviving). unlike germany and russia! if any one wants to fight with these to countries during ww2,i think you a completly mad.:D

sorry for going off topic;)

12. Wolfy

Wolfy Ace

That's pretty interesting, Triple C. Most of the SS memoirs I've seen seem to paint their Waffen-SS service as a grand, heroic, and honorable experience. Of course, most of them miss the Reich...

13. tommy tater

tommy tater Member

Alright alright, I think you've had your turn!

14. solobeano

solobeano recruit

15. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Thats a different choice from the norm Solobeano....Any chance of giving us a resume of their actions, battles and leaders etc if you have them?

16. Ejay15

Ejay15 Member

I would serve in a me262 squadron late in the war...I like to fight when massively outnumbered by p-51's and simply dodging them...and I hope no one will catch me landing in the airfield since allies control the sky late in the war...

17. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

The 2nd Guards Rifle Division is a friendly reenactment group who represent the Red Army of the Great Patriotic War - 1941 - 1945. The unit has been established for over twenty years and has a strong growing membership and attend quality shows. ;)

18. urqh

Thanks sion...I wandered why I was at a loss...cheers.

19. W Marlowe

W Marlowe WWII Veteran

Gentelman:

I amposting an answer that some may not approve of. I am a D -Day veteran of the 101st Airborne. If I had it to do over I would not change a thing. A Lt. of Paras is where I would be. When you command paras you have best people to work with and never quit on you.

As Ever,

Walter L. Marlowe

( Airborne All The Way)

Vet, wtid45, LRusso216 and 3 others like this.
  20. urqh

I dont know why some would not approve...I approve of what you did in the first place and will like most carry on approving until the world spins of it axis.

You have nothing but my complete and utter admiration.