Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Who all on this forum-collects militaria?

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by C.Evans, May 23, 2001.

1. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Now that I know about, yes there was a Spanish Blue division and I believe it was disignated as the 51st Infantry division. It was formed to take part in Barabarrosa. It was recalled in late 1943/early 44. Those who wanted to stay and fight did so but in various outfits integrated into the German Wehrmacht. The division fought in the East.

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

PzJgr :

I drew a complete blank. I had heard of the Blaue Division, but could not remember the theater that it had took part in.

Thanks,

Erich B.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello all: The Spanish "Blue" Division was designated at the 350th Inf Div. They were at a strength of appx 50,000. They fought mainly on the Eastern Front. They had been hurt badly, then built back up to strength, hurt some more and due to outside "political" pressure from the Allies, the Division was disbanded. However, some thousands of Spaniards volunteered to serve in various units in the Wehrmacht. There was even either a Companie or a Platoon sized unit that fought in the Battle of Berlin.

4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

( small voice says )
    Going back to the original question : I do !

Preferably stuff that can't be easily faked :
    weapons, shells, ammunition , battlefield relics.
    At my feet, a large piece of Rolls-Royce Merlin engine from Ginger Lacey's Hurricane. Only one big thing left to buy ( apart from the Tiger I at Vimoutiers ); an MG42. That 800 euros ought to do it . . !