Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

William Joseph "BJ" Blazkowicz - a profile

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Blazkowicz, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Blazkowicz

Blazkowicz Member

Wolfenstein 3D (commonly abbreviated to Wolf 3D) is a video game that is generally regarded as having popularized the first person shooter genre on the PC. It was created by id Software and published by Apogee Software on May 5th, 1992 for the PC DOS platform. The game was inspired by the 1980s Muse Software computer games Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein. It has been ported to many systems, including 3DO, SNES, Game Boy Advance, Acorn Archimedes, Atari Jaguar, and the Apple IIGS. Superspy BJ Blazkowicz makes his first appearance in Wolf3D, and he would become legend.

The following is an excerpt from the Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3D which explains the relation between BJ Blazkowicz and Commander Keen:

"William Joseph Blazkowicz was born August 15, 1911, to Polish immigrants. Blazkowicz was a top spy for the Allied Forces, receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor and other accolades for heroism. "B.J.," (as he was called by his friends) married after World War II, at age 40, to Julia Marie Peterson. Their son, Arthur Kenneth Blazkowicz, became a television talk show personality in Milwaukee. For show biz purposes, Arthur changed his last name to Blaze. Arthur later married Susan Elizabeth McMichaels. They had one son (which they named after Arthur's father), William Joseph Blazkowicz II, or as he signs his grade school homework, B. Blaze...."

I'm not too concerned about Commander Keen, but this information is helpful to complete a profile of the greatest superspy ever, BJ Blazkowicz.

More info to come as I build a profile of BJ Blazkowicz...:blaz:

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Finally managed to play the game to the finish....the "resurrection" for PS2 that is.

Some of the nazis were pretty hard to "finish" but I was really surprised that in the end battle Heinrich I was so easy to beat. Just circled him shooting with my best guns and that´s it!