Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Wimbledon 2011: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Djokovic and incredible run of victories:

World number one Novak Djokovic beat American Mardy Fish 6-2 3-6 6-4 to win the Rogers Cup in Montreal on Sunday.

The Serbian becomes the first-ever player to claim five ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles in the same season.

Djokovic has a 53-1 record in 2011, his only defeat coming against Roger Federer in the French Open semi-finals.

"I am human, I can definitely assure you of that," Djokovic joked. "I've been playing incredible tennis this year," the 24-year-old conceded.

Continue reading the main story There is plenty of motivation and desire to continue on and play well and win matches and win tournaments
    Novak Djokovic
    "I'm aware of the fantastic year that I've had and a great streak but I'm not thinking how many matches will I lose? I'm thinking how many matches will I win?"

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Winning his first Grand Slam at the US Open was enough for Daniil Medvedev to finally celebrate - and he pulled out a move from a video game.

Djokovic was totally unable to answer MedvedevĀ“s power game. Too many games during 20201?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/58540035