Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WKC Kriegsmarine with hammered scabbard.

Discussion in 'Trench Art' started by Mr. S, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Thought I would post these pics of my Kriegsmarine dagger. I liked this one as there are no chips or cracks to the grip. The hammered scabbard is dent free and is the slightly rarer varient than the lightening bolt type.
    Whoever tied or thought up these portepee knots should get an Iron cross just for doing it. I carefully untied this once, for pics, never ever again.
    The blade has some very minor spotting as you can see from the pics. Almost not noticable to the eye. Some provenence came with the dagger. It was taken from a serving officer on the Prinz Eugen by a Royal marine. I got his service number, name and rank at the time of purchasing the dagger from the same person I bought the Land customs dagger from. I thought these pics might be handy as they are quite detailed for any newby who would like to collect Kriegsmarine daggers.
    best wishes to all
    John

Attached Files:

2. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Here are some of the finer details of the etched blade pattern and the hanger adjusters, showing the weave of the material.

regards John

Attached Files:

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi John, I love KM daggers. I almost bought one about 10 years ago and now wish I had. I like these much more than Army ones.

PS, remind me to tell you sometime later, the sad story of my almost purchases of an SS Officers Chained Dagger, in perfect condition with all the stuff that came with it. It was priced at only ONLY $50 bucks. Of course, thise was about 28 years ago but, I HAD the chance to get one but-I got something else that I paid $5 bucks extra for-which si worth money but nothing near one of those SS daggers.

4. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate.
    When I told my father in law how much fallschirmjager helmets go for now, I dont know if it was a smile or a grimace. Especially as he threw his into a ditch before surrendering.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

A great dagger and in fine condition. Although I prefer Luftwaffe ones, I have a weak spot for the Km too.

6. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

I have a 1st pattern luft with a great blade too. I will post it when I get a chance Skipper. Thanks mate.