Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Worst General in WW2

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Kai-Petri, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

IMHO Stalin did improve with time, as he realised it would be a good idea to listen to his generals. He did end up having a pretty good performance as a Supreme Commander. Let's say he had an awful start but then got better. Unlike some Austrian corporals :p

As for the title Generalissimo,
    :D :D :D

I don't know whether this was mentioned before, but we had an old thread with the same title http://www.ww2f.com/wwii-general/9623-worst-general.html

2. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

You are right Za. It wa mentioned in the very first post :p ;).

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

:blind:

4. Cyrus

Cyrus recruit

I know I'am going to draw some heat for this. But the worst General of WW II is no doubt Douglas McArthur. They didnt call him dug-out Doug for nothing. Roosevelt should have canned him long before Truman did.:D

5. Anderan

Anderan Member

I'm just going to take the general approach here and say any Italian general :p

6. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

Worst Generals in WWII! Well I got the 3 Canadian Amigos for you.

Lt.-Gen Guy Granville Simonds, a supposedly experienced artillery commander. Commanded II Corps. which consisted of 2nd Canadian Division, 3rd Canadian Division and British 51st Division. For his arrogance stature and ignorant incompetence, far worse, his zealous reckless carelessness with complete utter disregard, for the lives of his men under your command and for your own personal gains. Your completely and fully responsible for the Failed Op’s of Atlantic and especial Spring, causing horrific carnage and high casualties. When it could of been prevented by a General that knew how to properly direct his tanks and especially the Infantry, then solely his Artillery, in which this was also a difficult task for you causing numerous needless casualties. Remember “Black Friday” that was your failed blunder, as so many other Battles in WWII. For falsifying documents, hiding and disregarding vital information that would of aided the troops and the outcome of battles. And to add insult to injury! You arrogantly blamed the complete ordeal on The Black Watch and a Young Major as the men under his command, who’s harts & gameness by there actions are undeniable, cut from the same Tartan as 13th Batt. Your also Guilty of Geniva Convention War Crimes, by issuing orders that no German prisoners should be taken as all Germans surrendering should be shot, which many were. Proven Fact by all historians! Your not even worthy or fit of the rank of Lt.-Gen. Megill AKA “Bloody” or “Killer” and Maj.-Gen. Charles Foulkes your not of the hook, your both responsible for carrying out a shameful display of unbecoming of High ranking officers.

Montgomery wrote to Corps Commander Oliver Leese: “This is a great pity. Graham is an excellent fellow and much beloved in his brigade. I expect Simonds lost his temper. Simonds is a young and very inexperienced divisional general and has much to learn about command. In my highest opinion of Simonds...[although he] tried to go off the rails once or twice when he first went into action with his Div. Simonds must therefore be handled carefully and trained on.

[​IMG]

File:General Guy G Simonds.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seated from left: Stanisław Maczek (Polish Army), Guy Simonds II Canadian Corps, Harry Crerar1st Canadian Army, Charles FoulkesI Canadian Corps, Bert Hoffmeister5th Canadian (Armoured) Division;

Guy Simonds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia