Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Would Facism survive today?

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by PzJgr, Apr 16, 2001.

1. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Looking at the world in its current state...would a facist party ever survive in politics today? Not one that is modeled after the Nazis, but perhaps one that is modeled after the Spanish Facist Party or even the Phalangist of Italy. What do you think? And what country is prime for such a feat?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Oh yeah I do think so--just look at China and Russia. Plus some middle eastern countries.

[ 17 April 2001: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Yes, I think Russia would be the prime candidate. Look at it's current state. It is a struggling Democracy. Currency value is low. Economy is terrible. Same could be said of Germany. Weimar Republic was a struggling democracy. Currency was worthless. All that is needed is for someone who can tell the people what they want to hear and boom.....new leader. I do not think they would go back to communism but they would accept a different version of it.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I think they already have him--whats his face--Vladimir Puten? Hes already closed many doors again--the moron.

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Yes, he almost did it. At the time, I was just saying what this topic is all about.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Oh I do definately agree with what you said. I just wonder how populer he is these days?

I know this lady from St. Petersburg named Nika. I know from talks with her (while in Germany) that V.P. is not popular with many folks these days, but then like Hitler--she said he has done some good too, I cant remember what she mentioned that he did that was so good.

I dont know--I guess we will have to take a "look see" and wait around to see whats going to happen next.

7. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

From what I recall, he went around ranting about nationalism and having the state take care of the people. I don't recall anything of him doing something good.

We shall see. Maybe the "nationale" will come back!

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I dont know what he did either but, I guess Nika knows since she just moved from there about 1 yr ago.

Personally, I think the Russian leader is a twit and a Stalin wannabe.

9. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Back tracking a little bit, Facism would and still does survive to this day. Today (4/20/01) we had a holocaust survivor tell us about his experiance. He was in his early teens in 1944 when the Germans invaded Romania/Hungary and he was sent to work in a Mechanized Convoy and then was placed in a concerntration camp. His grandson goes to my school. Like he said, when his generation dies out, Facism will strike up again because no one will remember the Holocast (despite the many little ones that are all over the world) and people in groups are stupid - though smart individually) and persecution etc will happen again.

I hope i didnt get you confused during my little spiel there :rolleyes: but thats my two cents worth [​IMG]

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Well said and I agree with you. Its the "History repeating itself thing". If it existed in the past, it can still exist hear and now. [​IMG] [​IMG]