Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Would You Like to Contribute to USAAF Film Project?

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by Happy Warriors, May 21, 2010.

1. Happy Warriors

Happy Warriors recruit

Hi,

I am currently working on an 8th air force documentary. It has a focus on the 448th BG (2nd AD) who flew Liberators from Seething, England. I was lucky enough to attend one of their last reunions and interviewed several veterans at that time. I have spent the time since gathering photographs and mission reports, combat diaries and of course reading all I can on the Mighty Eighth. There's a way to go yet before there's a film to watch but enjoying the process!

I am particularly excited about this Create a USAAF Tribute |

It's a call for submissions to an eventual DVD release. If there's someone that you would like to pay tribute to, a family member, a friend, anyone, then get in touch to discuss. It doesn't have to be 8th Air force either, any USAAF is fine so if your Dad served in the 15th for example then I'm interested etc, etc. Doesn't just have to be pilots or flight crew either. I thought it would add value to the project and give people a way to collaborate with me.

Thanks,
    Evan