Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Writing a comic series - info on German army wanted

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Styx, Jun 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Styx

Styx recruit

Hello everyone. :) Myself and my friend Abby are collaborating on a comic series set near the end of WWII and revolving around a group of German soldiers. We're finding the research very difficult and involved and need to ask help from people who really know what they're talking about. Which is where you guys come in! We have a lot of questions needing answering, but here’s something just for starters.

These are our characters’ ranks as far as we've been able to figure appropriate (mostly American equivalents):

• An Untersturmführer in the SS
    • A Corporal in the Heer
    • A Lance Corporal in the Heer
    • A Signaller in the Luftwaffe
    • A Private in the Luftwaffe

What we are mostly concerned with finding out at the moment is what uniforms they would all be wearing. Winter uniforms are the most important, I think, given that they’re going to be in Italy during winter. But lighter, warm weather clothes would be really good to know about too. We need to be able to draw them as accurately as possible, so please, spare no detail!

On top of that, they all need a reason to be in North Italy in 1944. Our Heer characters are both part of the Afrika Korps – did those soldiers ever travel from place to place via Italy?

We have more questions, as I said, but I won’t overload you. Any and all info would be appreciated, and like I said, spare no detail!

2. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

3. Spitfire_XIV

Spitfire_XIV Member

Sounds like an interesting comic Styx, and I wish you luck with your project.