Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2-era Distinguished Flying Cross

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by Danimus Maximus, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Danimus Maximus

Danimus Maximus recruit

What a nice place! I hope to get acquainted by posting a short bio in the "New Members" section, but presently I have a question that seems suited to this forum.

I have several uniform elements and a few medals from my grandfathers' services during WW2 -- both in Europe, one a T. Sgt. B-25 waist gunner, one as a Sgt. Major on Eisenhower's staff -- three of which are the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Air Medal and the Bronze Star. Is there any way -- any websites? -- to discern a value of these, or the numerous others?

2. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

hello Danimus, welcome to the site,

if you can post pics of the medals and other items, it would be helpful / and interesting to see, someone here should be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

3. Danimus Maximus

Danimus Maximus recruit

4. will382

will382 Member

Hi, they are some nice medals! But most are not particularly rare. They are worth slightly more because they are cased and some are named.

Here are my guesses (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):

Air Medal - $80 or so, maybe more because of the oaks

Bronze star - again about $80

DFC - Now this can range between $100 and $200, I can't give a good estimate.

Good Conduct Medal - $10 at most, quite a common medal!

Hope this helps

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Are they really worth that much? I'd have said 30 $ a piece , that's what I paid for them

6. will382

will382 Member

They are commonly worth that little - were yours cased and named?

I might be completely out, but I was just quoting what I had seen them go for. These seem in good condition, are named, cased and have the lapel pin as well.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Fortunately or unfortnately, either way you look at it-Ami stuff is skyrocketing-just like the German stuff did and is still doing. Same goes for Japanese. Not long ao I could easily get a near or complete Japanese uniform with insignia and such-for about $100.00 same went for WWII Officers Samurai Swords-with scabbards and such-about $100.00. I went to a site recently that I rarely visit because their prices on everything is astronomically way too high-and saw them with several Samurai Swords-both NCO and Officers exampes-for sale starting at about $1,200. When I saw those prices-I just about spit out my teeth.