Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 intelligence v present

Discussion in 'Military History' started by bronk7, Jan 20, 2015.

1. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

after reading about the Osama raid, and the SEVEN CIA men killed in the Camp Chapman attack, and William Buckley [ and many other news stories I've read within the past 5 years ] it seems like the present intelligence services forgot the basics of keeping their mouths shut/etc...if I'm not mistaken, Buckley would go to and from work alone, and he let the initial kidnapper get in the elevator with him, alone [ not street smart ]....if I'm not mistaken, they didn't release some secrets from WW2 organizations until 5o years later, where now, they give you the whole story of what happened...the Chapman attack is unbelievable!...I believe you have 'intelligent' agents, some political savvy , and they might know the culture, but they just aren't streetwise<>like checking your six, letting people know the information on a need to know only basis, being suspicious of everyone, etc...free to discuss Venlo, Nordpol, etc.....your thoughts on any intelligence area??

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

I believe some British intelligence data from the war is still classified, don't know about other countries.

3. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

want to speculate on what it could possibly be? something embarrassing? related to the Middle East?

4. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

5. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member