Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Japanese Flag

Discussion in 'Battlefield Relics' started by websta, Oct 3, 2010.

1. websta

websta recruit

Was wondering if anyone has any info on a flag that I have that was taken from japan in ww2 Pic is just a poor drawing done on paint but if anyone thinks they could help me with what the flag is i can get further real pics of it

Attached Files:

2. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

Do you think the background colour was originally red? - if so it could possibly be related to the japanese imperial family flag, although I found none with the bird - I'll keep looking. :)

3. websta

websta recruit

The flag is in pretty good condition it may have been originally red but I feel that it is orange but close to red My drawing may not be exact. The flag was retrieved from Hiroshima. Ill get some pics the next time I look at it.

4. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

I found nothing else close so far - will try again later. Actual photo might help.

5. websta

websta recruit

Here is a pic of it in its case

Attached Files:

6. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

Sorry I've got nothing. Best I can even suggest is that it has some very very vague similarities with some items from both Tibet and Mongolia, but I'm afraid I can't find any references to confirm that past a vague impression.

Hopefully someone else will have a go at finding it, I've drawn a complete blank :(