Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Network Convention

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Panzerknacker, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Great minds think alike, i saw that Panzergrenadire and others mentioned having a WW2 network convention, and i was just thinking of this today.

Well, since we are scattered all over the globe, there are several approaches we could take.

One would be to have seperate conventions, but some our our mutual areas only have 2-3 members, so taht wouldnt exactly be a happening scene.

Second, we could fundraise-but then, money passing hands is never good, especially when we don't really know alot of teh people we ask!!!

Any ideas, because i know that there would be a strong interest-if it was possible....

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

With today's technology warp, we might want to consider a tele-conferance....Like we all get hooked up with a webcam on top MSN or something....Then distance doesn't matter....All that is required is MSN (XP) a webcam and a broadband connection....

Of course, it is nothing lik ebeing there in the flesh and being able to share materials....but still....

3. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Thats not a bad idea. I hink most of us here are from North America, or Europe. So hough it would be easier to hold it in one of those two continets, it excludes alot of others.

The first idea of several small conferences as well as the link combined migt be one to look into.

4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Pity - if we'd known earlier, Stevin could have invited us all over for the wedding ( at his expense, of course.....! ) ;)

5. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Yes! NO Problem at all! Would have put you guys all up and stuff....what a pity...ah well, until my next wedding! ;)

[ 10 July 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Stevin Oudshoorn ]

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

My backyard has plenty of room...... ! :D :cool: // in the fall that is. Right now it is going to be 108 degrees :eek: :eek: // bring food guys ! ;)

E