Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 ONLINE BLITZINKRIEG!

Discussion in 'WWII Online' started by Brad T., Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

Just looking at it not it looks AMAZING! Anyone tried it?

george marshall likes this.
  2. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

I know what you are talking about, but some others would not, links are nice for that.

http://wwiionline.com

Yes I have played it, but it's a little choppy and the monthly fee sucks too. I prefer BF42, MOH or Il2 for 'net play.

3. Jet

Jet Member

I've been on it a few times. Not played the game but just visited the site. Seems good but as Peppy says the monthly fee is pretty harsh. But it does look like a lot of fun, but I'd prefer to stick to my favourite game of all time, WOLFENSTEIN.

Jet

4. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Great choice! Wolfenstein is incledible, it is my fave too.

5. Jet

Jet Member

Thanks. I also like MOH aswell Peppy. It's a great game, but lacks depth on the scale as IL2 Sturmovik and Wolfenstein has.

Jet

6. Langemann

Langemann Member

I had the opportunity to beta test WWIIOL from beginning through release. I continued to play it through the first month of release before I quit. This game has amazing potential, but the developers failed to capatialize on any of it. The graphics are good, the tanks are great, the planes are great, but the grunts are horrible. There are NO machine guns in the game, you cannot run and shoot your SMG, same goes for the standard rifle.

Since the standard German squad was based off of the LMG, not having one in the game is just assinine to me. The developers do not want to listen to this reasoning and so I, along with most of the beta testers quit playing.

If you're looking for a good WWII online game, get Battlefield 1942, or download Day Of Defeat. Those two games are much better in my opinion.

Langemann

7. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

Monthly fee what a joke. I think I need like a 3d accelerator to run BF1942.

8. Greg A

Greg A Member

I checked that site too. I wasn't going to pay the monthly fee when you can download Steel Panthers WW2 or Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank for free. Just I keep getting my butt kicked in those games :D

Greg

9. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

WWII Online, from what I have heard, is a pretty big disappointment. (Should note that I have not actually played it...) These days, a game had better be REALLY incredible for a monthly fee to be worthwhile.

Any of you gents still playing BF42?

10. E. Anderson

E. Anderson Member

I agree with all of those that have said that the game did not live up to its potential. While some people said that it would come back when it was patched, all i can say is that they were wrong. I agree some aspects of the gameplay were cool but why pay 10$ a month for a laggy game server and sub-par gameplay?

11. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Crazy,

I just installed BF1942 The Road To Rome two weeks ago. It has about 6 new Italy maps: Anzio, Husky, Monte Cassino and a few more.

I only play it at LAN parties, because I have played it so often by myself the fun has gone. Multigame mode is still fun.

BTW, I didn't know the French were involved in the Monte Cassino battle???

12. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Oh yeah, I got that the day it was released! Damn impressive game- it has been quite a while since I actually went out and got a game the day it was released! Actually kind of suprised I didn't pick up the original BF1942 earlier- I've only bben playign for about a month now.

Totally agreed on the single player. The "bots" are nice- in that most games like this don't include "bots" (like WWII online, right?), so single player play is impossible. SO the bots do provide some decent practice- but boy are they DUMB!!! Maybe single player AI will be improved in later patches. All I use single player for now is basically flying practice.

But BF1942 is GREAT FUN online. Don't have access to any LANs, but my dsl handles all the servers fine. I even get good pings from servers in England!
    And there do always seem to be some retards in the online servers (pub OR clan), but rarely to the point where it is not fun to play.

And... there is www.bfstats.com. Unfortunately, a very addictive site- it tracks certain servers and the players on them. Tracks a ton of stats on your play- points, Kill/Death ratio, maps played, and overall ranking amongst monitored players.
    Neat stuff!

http://www.bfstats.com/player.php?pid=220622
    my stats... not too bad! Top 20% or so...

13. Stevin

Stevin Ace

I like the AI in so much that you can adjust the number, etc. of the bots. It is fun to raid omaha beach with hundreds of rangers and face dozens of Germans, in stead of 5 vs. 5.

I do hope the AI bots get better, because I RULE with a sniper rifle.

I must say that the AI tanks and planes are a real menace though.

BF1942 is a winner! Don't play MOHAA or Operation Flashpoint anymore....

14. War Hawk Sniper

War Hawk Sniper Member

whats the best downloadable game for mac?
    and if I only play offline on ww2ol, can i spawn enemys or something?

15. War Hawk Sniper

War Hawk Sniper Member

and i think im downloading it for mac(Wolfenstein) is it for mac? can someone post a link?

16. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Whoa, way to dig up an old dead thread. Closing it.

Search the Forums, such things have been discussed before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.