Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 US PARA RIGGERS HELMET HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by ARCHANGELDM, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ARCHANGELDM

ARCHANGELDM Dishonorably Discharged

Hi Everyone
    Once again i would like to say thanks to all the people that are bringing light to my collection :)
    I purchased this helmet as a ww2 para riggers helmet , i personally think that it looks correct and is a rigger made helmet could i please have some feedback on the helmet and tell me if u think it is a rigger helmet. Either way i believe it was a luietenants helmet as there is a long retangle missing in the middle of the helmet if u look closely
    Thanks
    Dean

:)

Attached Files:

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

looks front seam, which is correct for WWII, liner looks correct too! minus it's head band?, overall! happy helmet it would appear..

3. ARCHANGELDM

ARCHANGELDM Dishonorably Discharged

I was reading that in ww2 due to the lack of para liners in the early part riggers made para liners basically on the spot for the paratroopers that didnt have them. I have had a look at where the rivets where placed in the liner and they look like they have been there a long while, i.e due to rust. I paid £220 do u think thats reasonable ?
    Regards
    Dean

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert