Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWI modeling

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Sturmpioniere, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Sturmpioniere

Sturmpioniere Member

Hey guys, I know this isn't WWII related but I want to take up doing WWI models as well, but I can't find many sites that sell a good amount of 1/35 plastic figures or tanks, does anyone have any links?

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

You might try Militay Issue. com

3. Sturmpioniere

Sturmpioniere Member

apart from plastic toy soldiers I couldn't find anything

4. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Google "EMHAR" and look at the pics. There is enough in 1:35.

5. Sturmpioniere

Sturmpioniere Member

That helped a lot, but still not nearly enough to make a diorama out of :(

6. John B

John B Member

Hi there,

As someone else suggested, Emhar make a limited range of WWI British and German armour. (For some reason, their German vehicle is only available in 1/72nd scale.) I have built their kits of the British Mark IV "Female" and the Whippet. -These are both simple kits with relatively few parts that build up into attractive models. Emhar also makes a couple of field guns, although I cannot attest to their quality. The Emhar 1/35th scale figures are very poor...they look like a child's plastic toy soldiers more than anything else, and lack all crispness of detail.

ModelCellar makes an excellent line of resin 120mm First World War figures -including a figure of Canadian fighter pilot Billy Bishop.

There's a company operating out of Spain called Andreas that has done some amazing work with figures in white metal, including a small but excellent line of First World War figures. (These figures are excellent...but don't expect any bargains in terms of price.) Here's a link to the Andreas site: ANDREA MINIATURES MARKET PLACE

I can remember a time when very little was available re: modelling and the First World War. Thankfully, that has changed. There are now some companies that produce some very interesting kits focusing on the subject of the Great War.