Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII German leather pouch?

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Olive drab, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Olive drab

Olive drab Member

Wow I havent posted in a lonnnggg time. Well anyway its good to be back. I found this leather pouch in a surplus store and I am almost positive its German judging by the closure and rivets. It seems like it could fit one Madsen LMG magazine in it, but what would the point of that be? Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Olive drab

Olive drab Member

Also if you notice, it has a loop above the waist loop.

3. ramborob17

ramborob17 Member

Is it large enough to house an STG-44 Magazine?

4. Olive drab

Olive drab Member

Yeah, but the pouch is 4 inches wide, about 1-1.5 inches thick, and 12 inches long so a STG mag would be too small.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im not sure what it is exactly but-the Luftwaffe were the ones who mainly used brown leather. This could be a Magazine pouch for an MG-13. I have one MG-13 Magazine which holds 25 rounds and has a curvature to it. However, mine is permanently fixed to my Mauser Sniper variant.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It's the first time I see one like this. It looks German but it could be Swiss too.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, could be Swiss but it's hard to say for a fact because they copied or got everything from the Germans. Im still leaning towards German because of the stitching used. What I don't like is there don't seem to be any "Approval Stamps" on the back side. So--if that's the case-it COULD be Swiss or simply post war at worst. Anyway, it's a nice Mag pouch and I wouldn't mind having one like it in my collection ;-))