Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII German snuff box

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by harryflash, Jan 20, 2012.

1. harryflash

harryflash recruit

Hi, first let me say what an interesting forum. I have always had an interest in WWII as like most people I had various Grandparents who served in war and there is some really good info on here!

To be honest the main reason I found this site was I came across a German Snuff box at a recent auction I attend. I bought the item as I was interested in it, but Ideally to sell on. I run an ebay shop but can't list it there and wanted to pass it on to a collector who would appreciate it more than me and I found your site. I have no idea of value so I am open to offers if anyone is interested??

I think its made of Pewter, its really tough. Pictures of it are posted here:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/sestockers/DSC01287.jpg
    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/sestockers/DSC01289.jpg
    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/sestockers/DSC01290.jpg

Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks

Matt

2. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Errrrr....How much did you pay....I bought same at auction before xmas...We already have a thread on it matt

3. urqh

4. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Didn't we do this already?

5. urqh

Yep we did...looks like someone else has been to auction too...I use mine as a tobacco box now....Gets some looks from others when I get it out and start filling pipe..A Bavarian whalebone type...All I need now is a pair of jackboots and they will string me up....Looks like this is an item doing the auction rounds in the UK then...

6. harryflash

harryflash recruit

HI, Thanks for the replies. Disappointed that you think its not a genuine piece and seems strange that two similar items turn up in completely different parts of the country at the same time! :) I can see the markings you refer to on mine so it must be the same mould. Thanks for your responses!

Matt

7. urqh

Its still a nice piece. I'm not at all upset at purchasing it.

8. Wholehogmog

Wholehogmog recruit

Hi Matt,

Coincidentally I acquired an identical one in a house sale in south Wales UK which cost me £24 sterling. I understand that they are fairly common, but if you come across anything German from WW2 please contact me as I have just started collecting small miscellaneous items

Lindsay

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hi Lindsay, I'm afraid the reason why this is so common is because it's not WW2 and probably made in China or Eastern Europe. I live in France and come across German relics all the time (see our newest militaria section).

10. VonBond

VonBond Member

These are a commonly seen fantasy item doing the rounds over the last couple of years. I have seen different variations of the design on the top and they often have a very worn "quote" from AH on the inside. They look nice but are not period originals.

Jerry

11. urqh

I feel conned...Adolf doesn't seem to have signed mine...