Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII Museum in Natick, Mass. closes

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by KJ Jr, Dec 31, 2019.

1. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

For those that know me, since 2014 I have raved about Ken Rendell's collection. It is the most comprehensive collection of WWII artifacts I have ever seen and the experience is like no other. Unfortunately it has been closed down. I have attached an article for those interested, but the long and short of it is that Rendell attempted to acquire funding for a larger space, adjacent to the warehouse he was presently using. Designs were created and the plan was approved by the city. However the money ran dry and new plans were in place to move the artifacts to Washington to set up a new museum with billionaire philanthropist Ronald Lauder, who purchased a large percentage of the museum. The two have had a falling out it seems and now are engaged in a legal battle.

It's a shame that in the meantime the artifacts will sit in storage while both parties, who claim that all they want is for the artifacts to be on display and for observers to absorb their lessons, will continue their pissing contest.

https://museumofworldwarii.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Museum-Closing.pdf

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

That really is a shame. With lawyers involved, it probably won't be resolved anytime soon. :mad: