Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII NSDAP Party Flag

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by jjgarcia, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jjgarcia

jjgarcia Member

I recently inherited this from my late grandfather. He was in the US 6th Armored Division in WWII and took this off a dead German soldier when the war was over. There is what he believed as a blood stain on it from the German. From looking on the internet, I believe it's a German NSDAP Party Flag. Without exactly measuring, I believe it's roughly 9 in. x 14 in. Any details, history, value, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

Attached Files:

C.Evans likes this.
  2. Kruska

Kruska Member

Carl, Carl, CARL!, Carl!!, Carl!!,Carl!!!
    The "lesser Period" it's your call :D

Regards
    Kruska

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Lesser Period indeed :lol: Beats Imperial anyday--OWCH!! :lol: :lol:

This is one of those mini flags most likely used at Parades and such. As for a value on this one? possibly about $100? give or take a few $$$ I have one banner myself and only because its a very early one also with hand-sewn circles. Mine is dated either 1923 or 1925? Hard to tell because the date os so faded you cannot se it if pics taken. Anyway, yous is a nice piece and i'd say along with the bit of history you can give it and that it has hand-sewn circles-that yours is an earlier piece and probably mid to late 1930s manufacture.

4. jjgarcia

jjgarcia Member

Thanks for the help!

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi JJ, glad to try helping and thanks for sharing that piece of history that Ange so lovingly claims is from the Lesser Period. ;-))