Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Yes!!! Obamacare under attack!

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Shadow Master, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Shadow Master

Shadow Master Member

For all those that find this surprising...

14 states sue to block health care law - CNN.com

Realise that I was far from alone (or incorrect), when I said HCRA was not popular or wanted.

We shall see whether it is going to be a housecleaning of just congress, or all three branches of the fed.

The debate is over, the war is about to begin.

Herr Oberst likes this.
  2. texson66

texson66 Ace

Sadly, the sacrifices of WWII and other veterans are slowly being eroded by "progressives" who honor power and control of others by the government rather than the precious and rare individual liberty.

The recent actions of the BO administration are fascism pure and simple. Government take over and control of the private sector is a keystone of fascism. (Government motors, health care, what's next?) "servitude with a smile"

The use of mandate by the imperial federal government to require states to fund these federal programs exceeds the authority of the federal government as outlined in the Constitution. Progressives aren't bothered by this technicality; they make up rules as they go along.

Prayerfully, I wish for a favorable finding by the Supreme Court on this monstrosity of a law ("We have to vote for the bill so we can find out what's in it - Nancy Pelosi), and that it will go the way of the NRA back in Roosevelt's day. God speed those states which join in this important lawsuit.

Otherwise, the erosion of liberty in this nation will accelerate and governmental control of more aspects of your life will greatly increase. God forbid this happens.

There are among us some who will be willing to fight (and I don't mean in the courts) to preserve individual freedom and liberty. I personally took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United State against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Herr Oberst and C.Evans like this.
  3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Sadly, with as many people in the United States, it seems very few of them understand their basic rights or what the constitution is supposed to protect. The government is slowly but surely tightening its grip around the American people and is a sick perversion of what the United States was and should be.

I find it rather ironic that Obama-llama had also made immigration a main problem that his administration was going to deal with...passing this health bill is only going to invite more illegal aliens into this country as the free-handouts have now gotten even bigger and better.

As some friends of mine have said, when do we officially change the "USA" to the "USSA"?

C.Evans likes this.
  4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Yesterday's USA Today/Gallup Poll after the health care bill passage says...

Health care reform is ...

Good thing 49%
    Bad thing 40%
    No Opinion 11%

sample size 5,000 random phone numbers generated by computer.

5. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

I ask this question with full respect, to you.

How do you guys NOT want health care?

From the outside looking in,,, it appears that you have 40 million people WITHOUT health care!!! What about there rights?

kerrd5 likes this.
  6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The whole planet is looking at the USA like we're ALL nuts because of opposition to this.

brndirt1 likes this.
  7. Mussolini

Its part to do with government control, part do with forcing people to pay for something (why should I pay for your healthcare?), further government control over the people in a country which is supposed to be about 'freedom', the failure of the Veterans Association (and the government-controlled/paid for healthcare they receive, which is horrendous at the best of times by all accounts), and dozens of other reasons.

8. texson66

texson66 Ace

Out of those 40 million, I would say 11 million are illegals who should not receive care anyway.

As to the rest, it's called individual responsibility and personal decisions. Some folks cant afford health care, some folks are young and can't afford health care and don't want it.

Sitting on your butt and demanding that others pay for your health problems (by having the government sticking a gun in others' faces and taking their money to let you have the "right" to health care is NOT Freedom.) Face it: Life isn't fair. Having the government to play mummy isn't helping you; it's turning you into a slave.

[​IMG]

The government is the least efficient way to manage anything; the US track record is

Social Security: good for another 5 years and then broke; Medicare/Medicaid just about the same.

Let's not forget the over 150 new boards and agencies to oversee the new Obamacare. These will need thousands of additional government civil servants; not to mention, the new muscle that the BO wants to give the IRS...just to check to see if you have insurance and then penalize you if you dont have any. 16,000 new IRS folks is NOT what the doctor ordered!

As for polls, USA today? Please Clint. Those same folks also elected BO due to BDS. (Bush Derangement Syndrome)

kerrd5 likes this.
  9. Mussolini

In places like South Carolina, for instance, citizens are not required to engage in commerce or have health-care. Its a state law. Obama-Care would force these people to engage in commerce by paying for Obama-Care (my wording might be off, but it gets the general idea across) which infringes on their rights as citizens of South Carolina.

The One Question Part 1 - The Pillars of Liberty

If you read that article, it explains it all quite well. The Federal Government has no authority to enforce a Health Care System on the People. Health Care, according to the constitution, is in the Power of the People and the State to govern, not the Federal Government.

10. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

From what I hear, if you don't want to change your coverage you have now (if you have any) you don't have to

11. texson66

texson66 Ace

That's for now....first the plan is to tax you for four years and then the "benefits" might start. Meanwhile, the Democrats will try to be sure that they destroy the private insurance industry so ONLY the government controls it. Then you can certainly "keep your coverage".

12. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

And you know this to be fact?

I still don't understand, how you focus on "government controlling" When 40 million people don't have health care (minus 11 million)??

Where I come from, that's called taking care of your citizens

4th wilts likes this.
  13. Mussolini

Its called 'the law of nature'...'Survival of the Fittest'...what ever you want to call it. A society can not function if everyone is on the 'same level'.

Giving everyone the same share of the same thing is called 'Communism'. It doesn't work, it counters competition and acceleration in the fields of medicine, and its bad for everyone in the end.

Why not give everyone the same wages while we're at it, so everyone can afford the same things? Lets also give everyone the same identical homes and cars so that everyone can afford them on the identical wages. Oh yes, lets not forget that these homes and cars and healthcare are all controlled by the government.

Its called LIFE - life is not easy. Its unfortunate that not everyone can afford health-care, but having the government get involved is a really really bad thing. Not everyone can afford homes - or food - or cars - so is the government going to step in there too, make everyone pay more taxes so that they can put up people in homes and cars?

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I am not going to argue with people as things have been developing very differently all over the globe but as we have had free health care for Finnish citizens for tens of years, the money coming from the tax money, I must say we have been pretty happy to pay the money for the health care system we have today. And even personally I could get my salary 5 times bigger by going to private firm, I am happy working for the "people". ;) So I guess I agree with JTF...

Gerard likes this.
  15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Wow! Not everyone can afford the operations by themselves...but anyway, my end comment here.....

urqh likes this.
  16. texson66

texson66 Ace

Well, that's the difference...you want and need a common health care system fine.

If the US majority wants a free market approach, don t complain...it's the reason America was founded..so the government WOULDN'T interfere with your private life and people were responsible for their own actions.

Again life isn't fair...the government is NOT MY MOMMY!

17. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

I'll leave at this (now I regret posting in this thread)

I'm not trying to start something, or a complain (Iam happy with my health care)

In 62 percent of all personal bankruptcy in the United States, medical debt is cited as a factor, the biggest single factor of all. This is almost unknown in other countries in the developed world.
    The United States spends a greater portion of total yearly income in the nation on health care than any United Nations member state except for East Timor (Timor-Leste)

According to the Institute of Medicine of the United States National Academies, the United States is the "only wealthy, industrialized nation that does not ensure that all citizens have coverage

In the long run it will (hopefully) reduce medical costs significantly. Rising medical costs are the main reason the long-term budget projections are so alarming.

Insurance agencies already control who they cover, how much they cover and when they cover. So maybe the government control is a good thing. Government already pays for huge amounts of healthcare—so this won’t be anything new

kerrd5 likes this.
  18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

oops, accidentla :salute:

Anyway, its NOT that we don't want health care-its that we dont want the Gopvt to FORCE us into getting it or be fined hefty fines which against the laws in the Constitution. I forget which one? the 10th maybe? anyway, the Govt CANNOT force a person into buying something like that as said somewhere in the Constitution, therefore, OLDDS health care thing is totally illegal and against our laws. I hope this pinhead gets IMPEACHED.

To finish answring your q though, if I dont wish to have insyurance-then I should NOT be forced into buying it-period end of story. however, I do have my own insurance, and the damned thing had almost ttripled in my monthly payments-that is fragging disgusting and, as far as im concerned, for each month I have to pay triple my what shiould still be my normal amount-I figure that Obama-Lama-Ding-Dong and its croniess like nancy pelosi and harry reid and shelia jackson-Lee-all should have to repay me for that extra money spent-and directly pay me from their own bank accounts.

Also, taxing the rich to pay for the poor is BS, and the rich should nto be punished for having more than others. That might seem a great thing to someone in a 3rd world country-but America AINt a 3rd world Country---yet-and also unless OLDD has its way.

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Well said bro.

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I know that Tex's number quote total is fairly accurate. For instance, the years I spent as a Correctional Officer for the State of texas, its MY experiance that at that time, one out of four inmates in City, County, State and Fed jails and prisons-are indeed illegals. I often had the duty to comb through the inmate populations at Garza West Transfer Facility, Garza East (Garza Easy) Transfer Facility as well as 2179-the Trustee Camp--for illegals and help do the paperword to have them deported. I now understand that that figure today is etching closer to 50% in Texas alone.

Because of my experiance as well as still knowing many in the community-I know that TEx's figure is not way off the mark. Twexas has over 1 million people incarcerated in all its holding facilities-which is roughly 1/2 of those imprisoned in the 50 states combined.