Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

You better not laugh, you better not cry...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by CAC, Nov 14, 2011.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Bloody Hell! We go over there all the bloody time! I think we had Johnson, Clinton and Bush Junior Woo! We get bugger all visits from you mob! And second WE are NOT getting the better deal by a long shot...We dont NEED the US in the region, its stable. They need a safe haven to train that the Marines can enjoy aswell...they need to train in hot and dry conditions (ring any bells?) They need a garaunteed resupply depot/s in the Southern Asia region...and lastly its all a part of the US defence white paper that is responding to an emerging China. Australia's part is to "ride these two horses" and keep them both happy...we should be coaxing China out to play not choosing sides and ganging up...a fine line to walk...but i think we're up for the task.

2. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Obama is only living up to, and fulfilling a promised visit that has been canceled twice in the past. Get over it, he was invited.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

So the man has come and gone...and what a show it was all day. We spent the arvo looking for and finding snipers and SS dudes...Then the motorcade drove right past my building, Barack waving...big smile. He layed a wreath at the USS Peary memorial, quite moving and MY Prime Minister took the opportunity to announce that the Bombing of Darwin would now become a National day of Honour/Observance! We've only been pushing that for 70 bloody years!! Finally the rest of Australia will be reminded every year that Darwin was bombed by the same group who bombed pearl harbour a couple of months before...at that we were bombed over 60 times...Southerners think Australia escaped the war directly...bloody annoying. He was asked if he was dissapointed he couldnt spend much time in Darwin or the NT he said " Dont worry i'll be back, and im bringing the wife and kids!" Hope he does. He spent his last hour in a RAAF base hanger with hundreds of soldiers to celebrate the anniversary of the ANZUS pact, they wanted to celebrate it with the people who make up the "back bone" of the alliance...the troops. He said amongst many flattering things that the Aussie Diggers were the toughest warriors of all...We'll see with 2500 Marines set to rotate here in 2017...250 arrving in six months time.
    Darwin loved Barack, couldnt get enough of the man. You Yanks are lucky to have him.