Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

You will probably think I am cracked for asking this but.........................

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by C.Evans, Feb 23, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

does anyone know of a WW2 German Tiger tank thats for sale? I am asking this for a collector/friend of mine. This friend is a serious collector with the money to afford such austintatious things. If anyone knows of one please let me know, he is offering a finders fee, I just dont know how much.

2. J.Mahoney

J.Mahoney Member

I dont think your cracked but I think our friend is, how much is he/she wanting to spend? What does he/she plan to do with it? is it going into a museum of somekind? All I say is I hope he has some good luck in finding one. Maybe he could buy the one that was used in saving private ryan??????????

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The one in SPR was a modified T-34 tank, not a Tiger. Wow! He want a Tiger, I'm trying to think if i have one in my militaria collection. I'll take a look and get back to you. [​IMG]
    But seriously, I hope your friend is successful, because he will probably have to restore it, meaning one more functional Tiger in the world.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ha ha. Actually, I think there is a Panzermuseum in Munchen (Munich) that IS selling some of their tanks, at least thats what I heard about 6 months ago.

The Kellys Heroes/SPR Tiger/T-34 would still be interesting to have in a collection anyway. The real Kellys Heroes/SPR Tiger is in the Bovington Armor museum in England. A friend of mine sent me two photos of it last year.

I cant believe he is serious though but he has the cash to spend. I never had a chance to find out while I was in Germany, I was too busy seeing the sites and meeting vets, with a side trip into Switzerland to visit the Old Arsenal in Solothurn.

I suggest going there if you ever have the chance, all I say is, that it was a great museum to visit. They have all kinds of cannons, mortars, some vehicles like a PZ-3 I believe, and thousands of edged weapons, pistols, rifles and many machineguns, plus hundreds of suits of armor.

When I have money come in, I will make a few copies of the weapons and Panzer and send them to you.

[This message has been edited by C.Evans (edited 26 February 2001).]

5. R Fogt

R Fogt Member

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear R.Fogt: Thanks for these also, I will let my friend know. I did spot a Leopard for sale but no Tigers, maybe this will be good enough?