Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.
  1. Nailbender

Nailbender Member

A Genealogy is a good source for Military History. I have been working on one for over a year. It gets overwhelming so I put it aside at times and take a break. It takes a lot of research and reading. One has to dig through a lot of records from various places but, from a personnel experience, when your reading a listed biography from a towns person back in the early 1800's and you see your gr. gr. Grandfather's name in there along with the other men that were together from that area and went and fought with Washington it makes it all worth it.
    I have tracked down Grand-pappies and Uncles that were in all the wars, up to Korea. It takes a lot of time but you will learn a lot about Military History.

2. Miller

Miller Member

Where did you get started Nailbender?

3. Nailbender

Nailbender Member

When I started I did not know who my gr.Grandparents names were so I started with my Granddad and the area he was at when my Dad was born.
    Where my genes started :) Many centuries ago, Sweden = Norway = France = England = Boston, Mass. = Hartford, Ct. = Manlius, NY. = Wheaton, IL. = Wisconsin in 1855.