Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The USAAF in action

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by Jan7, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Jan7

Jan7 Member

2. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

<Deleted> All answered next post.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sorry Fred but it just not going to happen, I have brought this up here as well as 2 other forums I moderate on. many are home from school, or are home schooled or at work under an alias so the boss doesn't nail their behind.......more common than what you think. I for one fully understand your frustration ~

armyairforces.com

this is the premier site of USAF in all capacities and I became a memver when it was first introduced. you will find the loss data base through the posted MACR's but not all of them are included as with every AF during the war even the winners, there were losses not recorded-MIA's that did not get a macr coverage. but what is nice about research and the archaelogy digs, some have been found and those deceased interned

because of lost bombers duplicating Chorleys tremendous study at least for the 8th AF we can go to their individual bomb group histories which of course is really long and drawn out and expensive for personal use, the same goes for the 8th AF fighter jocks of which I have many and are in contact with many. Lesser with the 15th AF in both the bomber and fighter capacity as I believe not all the 15th AF bomber groups have been covered and what is worse for the ETO the 9th has barely gotten a shot unless it was done with the care of someone in those individual units out of a labor of love and privately printed and most probably today OOP.

Roger Freeman a name well known gave his all with research and publication of the US 8th AF history in multiple forms.

E ~

4. Jan7

Jan7 Member

No, Fred. I'm not the webmaster. I found this link only.

:eek:Sorry for my later response. A truck cut/arranged/ throw my telefonic line.......18 October:mad:.

5. bigfun

bigfun Ace

hey Jan!
    good to have you back, i was wondering where you disappeared to!:)

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

a truck knocked out your internet connection? That's really bad luck!

7. Jan7

Jan7 Member

A sample: One photo one moments ago:
    [​IMG]

The truck is not the same. Its a sample of the height of the cables from floor.

8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

It could be worse, Jan7.....

[​IMG]

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

time to set those lines underground like they are doing here in Oregon/USA

10. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

That is in India Peolple just hook a line in and steal what power they need.

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

we used to have almost squared crossing like tic-tac-do. most of downtown is secured in safer locations but yet some side streets with alleys........oh my how on earth any of that is still legal without a major discharge and subsequent fire(s) to downtown business is beyond me. It should be listed as a crime

ok back to the USAF

12. Jan7

Jan7 Member

One problem added to the aerial lines:

Function as antennas of radio, and in case of strong and near rays, they are very destructive.....

In my home are one device at the mains of telephonic line, and the computers -notepad too- & TV-DVD-VĂ­deo are protected with a SAI-UPS.