#1 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 20,310 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:58 PM

Estonian police institutes criminal proceedings against Soviet Army servicemen

The Estonian Security Police (KaPo) has initiated investigation of murder of residents in the village of Kirepi (now called Metsakivi) in summer 1941. As a REGNUM correspondent was told at the press office of the Estonian prosecution today, criminal proceedings were instituted on charges of crime against humanity committed under guidance or encouraged by government, organization or group.

The investigation was started under a report sent by private persons and a selection of documents, according to which, “soldiers of a fighter battalion and Red Army soldiers led by the occupation forces killed civilians in the region of Kavastu in summer 1941.”

Crimes against humanity have no time limitation, they said at the prosecution office, so, after an investigation those to found guilty will be punished. The punishment for such crimes is from eight to twenty years of imprisonment or life sentence. The investigation is conducted by the KaPo under guidance of the State Prosecution.

------------

Yes, Putin will be pleased...more fuel into the fire....
Posted Image

#2 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:32 AM

I call all of these actions poor politics on Estonia's part. Biting the hand that once used to feed you just to impress new friends is not the best idea.

Especially as this claim comes at the same time when Estonian SS war veterans ask the Estonian Govt. to label them as heroes fighting for freedom and democracy against the Soviets. One has to see the irony in this statement coming from a country which at the time was fascist.
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#3 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• 20,310 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

Personally I think this it is only to irritate Russia and Putin in the long "campaign" we have already seen. I cannot see any advance made unless the Russians are involved in the research of the crimes.

BTW, Sloniksp, what do you mean " the hand that used to feed "? I always thought that the USSR kept taking the goods from the satellite countries during the Eastern Bloc times. Not the other way round ?!!!
Posted Image

#4 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• 20,310 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

The start of the Eastern Bloc trade....

Monday, Aug. 11, 1947

Twelve new trade pacts were signed between Moscow and satellites, or satellites and satellites. Shotgun treaties herded satellites more snugly into the Soviet economic pen. One rueful, resigned Rumanian characterized a Soviet trade agreement: "It is more blessed for us to give than to receive."

Through its threefold control, the Soviet Union was taking from eastern Europe not only manufactured goods that Russia desperately needed, but also products of which it had an abundance. Last year, the Soviet Union took most of Poland's exportable coal (15 million tons), all of Rumania's exportable timber (203,000 tons), all of Bulgaria's exportable tobacco (35,000 tons).

Eastern Bloc - TIME
Posted Image

#5 Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu

Aquila non capit muscas

• Members
  • 8,809 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

Biting the hand that once used to feed you...

:eek: You mean you are believing my propaganda now? :eek:

Quousque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra...

#6 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:11 AM

Kai,

Poland, east Germany, Bulgaria and Hungary were satellites just to name some. Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania were not, they were part of the Soviet Union and they lived under much better conditions then any of the other countries...In fact they lived better then Russians themselves. Russians would travel to countries like Estonia and Latvia for vacation as certain goods their were availabe on the regular basis that were not on the mainland, coffee and beer just to name a few.

Even today Estonians travel to Russia for work or vacation and while in Russia, talk about how horrible the country is and has been for them. I have seen and heard this first hand.........I have no sympathy for them or their ridiculous claims and neither does Putin nor the Russian population, which are well aware of their living standards at the time.
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users