I bought my husband, as he is collector of war medals etc, WWII Mililtary Uniform Bars which have 4 rows of 3 bars across for a total of 12 bars. I think they are US?
Can anyone help describe to me what they mean. I wanted to display text with these when I give them to him for his birthday.
I have attached a photo of the ribbons, (hopefully it will work) as this is the first time I have been to this site.
Any assistance is much appreciated
I just noticed the post date on your question hippychick39, if your still around I believe this is list of your posted ribbons.
Left to right, top to bottom.
1. Navy Good Conduct Medal (5 awards)
2. American Defence Service Medal (A Bronze "A" device on the Navy's American Defense Service Medal indicates participation with the ATLANTIC FLEET prior to World War II.)
3. American Campaign Medal
4. European-African-Mid Eastern Camp. Medal (2 awards)
5. Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
6. WW II Victory Medal
7. Marine Corps Reserve Ribbon (obsolete)
8. Occupation Medal
9. National Defense Medal
10. Korean Service Medal (10 awards)
11. United Nations Service Medal (Korea)
12. Presidential Unit Citation (ROK)
Edited by Hobbsh1, 05 April 2010 - 02:18 AM.
Just noticed post date.