Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for information on the 6th Rangers Bn C

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Dannette, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Dannette

Dannette recruit

Hello,
    My father passed away in 1990. He was a flame thrower in the raid on Cabatawan in the Philippines. He never spoke to any of us 3 kids about the war. After reading The Great Raid, the movies, Ghost soldiers and a couple of other books I feel like I can kind of understand what my father and the other great men went through. The Japanese were visious cruel men and life meant nothing to them.
    Anyway, My father was named Edgar "Leo" Ruble, like I said he was a flame thrower. He got out of the Army in 1945. I have a copy of his honorable discharge dated 1975 from the archives even though all his records were burned in the great St. Louis fire. No one seems to be able to tell me much more about my father than what I have stated here. I have asked for his awards and medals and haven't heard back on that yet. The archives said there are no records yet they can sell me and I bought it, his last pay voucher for $15.00.
    Does anyone know of my father or was in the 98th Battalion and then the Rangers? I really wish I had some answers and stories. Thanks for listening and I hope some help. Dannette

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Dannette,

I've moved your thread to a location dedicated to service records where it will get better, more focused attention. Good luck in your searches and welcome to the forums.