We Need Your Help - Become a Site Supporter

For 16 years we've been delivering WWII discussion and research, help support our efforts for the next 16 years. Become a WW2 Forums Patron!

Photo
- - - - -

Official WW2F PhotoPost Gallery Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,069 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

Please post your questions, comments and/or suggestions here.
  • krieg likes this

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png
Twitter_logo_blue_16.png twitter

#2 krieg

krieg

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

i will give wessix a big thankyou for the great pics of the atlantic wall
bunkers
and the other fellow just cannot think of his name .the relic hunter .
well done great job with all the fine pitchers
with i could be there to see this in real life
once again thanks mate..... best krieg...:D
for thow . will be ours someday.we shall have it all
.:ww1ace:.. und mear...:snoopy:....

#3 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:24 AM

I just realized a problem with the Gallery uploads and corrected it.

The PhotoPost Gallery didn't accept images to be uploaded that were larger than 2 MB, so if you tried to upload and it didn't work that was l ikely the issue. This limit has been increased to 8 MB, so almost any image can be transferred now. :D

Note that all images will still get resized to the maximum 1200 pixels in either dimension.

#4 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• WWII VeteranWWII Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Otto

As a test run I have posted a few pics relating to my "Return to Cassino" in May 2005.
I tried to load a few more than those that have actually "arrived" but it appears that some have not made the trip :)
Ideally I would like them in a folder entitled "Ron Goldstein's Return to Cassino-May 2005"

Many thanks

Ron
  • krieg likes this
I am a British veteran who was called up into the Forces in October 1942. I served in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Egypt, Austria & Germany, firstly in the 49th Light Ack Ack and then in the 4th Queen's Own Hussars.
I was one of five brothers who served in WW2, one of whom was in the RAF and was killed over Nuremberg on the 16th of March 1945.
I am a long standing member on the ww2talk.com site.
http://www.blogger.c...947129038825503

#5 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

I saw that Sir thanks for sharing! The most images you can post at one time is 5, if you have significantly more than that you can get them to me (maybe email) and I'll upload them for you. It looks however, like you certainly have the hang of things so far though.

I'll gladly create a Photo Essay section for you, and please feel free to upload as many as you like.

#6 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

I saw that Sir thanks for sharing! The most images you can post at one time is 5, if you have significantly more than that you can get them to me (maybe email) and I'll upload them for you. It looks however, like you certainly have the hang of things so far though.

I'll gladly create a Photo Essay section for you, and please feel free to upload as many as you like.

Hi Otto, does this mean that your going to finally get to posting those 100 or so photos I sent to you a LONG time ago. ;-)) :darthvader:
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#7 Owen

Owen

O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

Looking at Rogues gallery most images I looked at load ok but when I try to view sloniksp's image it comes up as a white rectangle. No image.
The only one so far that happens to.

#8 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

Yes, once I can scan them, them we will be able to upload them Carl. :thumbup:

Thanks Wessex, it seems Sloniksps' image is png format, which doesn't agree with our gallery software. I'll edit the file and re-upload it.

#9 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:12 PM

Thank you otto, this will give me something else to look forward to seeing. ;-))
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#10 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

Otto, I love the pictures on the top of the home page. But what about having a similar thing in the threads, with photo's going down the side of the posts, where the two soldiers are?
For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horse was lost, for the want of a horse the rider was lost, for the want of a rider the battle was lost, For want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Robert,

#11 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts
  • LocationFestung Colorado

User's Awards

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

I think that would be a little excessive and would change the entire look and feel of the Forum. The Gallery shouldn't be shoved down our throats everywhere we look...i personally think its fine being up at top of main page.

#12 scarface

scarface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

A quick question - once photos are uploaded and 'processed', is it possible to edit the Title, Description or Date of Capture?

I'm in the process of uploading some images of the Bridge on the River Kwai, and would like to add to the descriptions.

Nice feature

-whatever

-Lou

EDIT: OK - I figgerd it out - there is an icon (Posted Image) that takes you to the edit page.

Now.... how do I DELETE an uploaded picture??

EDIT EDIT: And, while I've got your attention, is it possible to edit a comment that I left?

... so many questions....

............. so much stupidity..........

......................it simply boggles the mind!.........
Taxation WITH representation ain't all that hot, either!
Posted Image

#13 bigfun

bigfun

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts
  • LocationKarlsruhe, Baden-Wurtemburg, Germany

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

I'm wondering how to delete a photo as weel, have accidently uploaded a few of the wrong photos and can't see anywhere how to delete them?????????
Scott :flag_USA_ww2: :flag_netherlands:

#14 macrusk

macrusk

Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

I thought I loaded some photos to the Gallery, but apparently only made a photo album at my profile. Is there some way to move them over without having to start from scratch again? Thanks!!
Regards, Michelle

Oliver Goldsmith, "I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." :flag_canada_ww2: :flag_canada: :flag_uk:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 scarface

scarface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:52 AM

Michelle -
Based on MY experience, this is definitely NOT the thread to ask a question....

.... I wish I could tell you HOW to get an answer, but I certainly haven't had any luck HERE!

... maybe try a PM to one of the mods.

GOOD LUCK

-whatever

-Lou
Posted Image

#16 macrusk

macrusk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:36 AM

Well, I never found out how to move the album from my profile, but I did finally figure out how to add photos to the members galleries! So please disregard my questions for both of those; however, how do I get rid of one of the photos I posted twice....
Regards, Michelle

Oliver Goldsmith, "I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." :flag_canada_ww2: :flag_canada: :flag_uk:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 von Poop

von Poop

Waspish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts
  • LocationPerfidious Albion

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

A bit late but...
The Gallery and the member profile albums are not interchangeable Michelle. The Profile albums are organic to vbulletin but the Gallery is a separate plug-in system. A way may come along to integrate the two but it's not available as yet.

Profile Albums are convenient, and also allow you to upload those pictures to the 'User Groups', but the pictures are saved at a lower quality than the Gallery.
Gallery pictures are saved at higher quality, and you can upload many more in total, but they can't be sent to the User Groups.

The ability to delete images is currently unavailable.

Hope that helps (and the Grofaz doesn't mind me answering),
Adam.
  • Otto likes this

It's only the Internet...

#18 scarface

scarface

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

Thanks, Adam.....

..... I was almost ready to start getting rude!

-whatever

-Lou
Posted Image

#19 macrusk

macrusk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

Thanks, Adam! Works out then that I added in both places. I really like the photo we took of the National Cenotaph in Ottawa with the sun setting behind it....
Regards, Michelle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,069 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

Thanks to Adam for filling in the gaps...

I'm sorry but I've kind of ignored this thread, as I've been a busy GroFaZ these past few weeks. You would have had every right to get rude scarface! :o As a batter of fact I'm currently travelling in Florida and using a borrowed computer to access the site. Going through all my (unread and unanswered) PM's I notice I've got a few questions about the Photo Gallery. When I get back to Chicago I'm going to create a support sub-forum just for the gallery itself, so that the mechanics of it's use will be a bit easier to figure out. I'll also answer all the PM's I've haven't been able to get to.

#21 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

Date of Capture/Creation - ALWAYS try to give the date of the image in this format: YYYY-MM-DD. We use this format because it makes sorting by date only more accurate that starting with a month or day. If you are not sure of the date, then do your best to give a close approximation. eg. "2004-??-?? (circa)" or "1944-06-?? (pre)". If you are posting an image of a painting, then supply the original creation date of the painting.

Some of the pictures I have on my computer have multiple dates on them. A Recieved, Copied, and Release date, but not a date of original capture. Which of the dates should I use, or should I do just the year and month?
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#22 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

I have about 15 images from the Eisenhower Center that I had hoped to post but I cannot seem to get them to load into my message after I upload them. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Also, am I limited to 5 pictures total or five per post?

Thanks (and I know that I am technologically incompetent!)

#23 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 24,699 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

Five per post is normal, this will help the images to upload faster. If there is a too long waiting time readers may go to another thread and ignore your pictures.

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users