#1 LuckyJack

LuckyJack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

Here it is.

http://college.hmco....s_us_kennedy_36

Record your score and compare it with everyone else. If you don't agree with an answer, let everyone know and we can chat about it.
"Et tu Brute? Then fall Caesar."

#2 Platton

Platton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

Nice quiz....
Not to bad score of 87...

Thank you
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily"
Napoleon Bonaparte

#3 Otto

Otto

GröFaZ

• Administrators
  • 6,556 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

*bump*

I thought this quiz was interesting.

tiger_p_elephant_PzP.gif

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." Socrates

#4 Richard

Richard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Eighteen correct answers not bad.

#5 Martin Bull

Martin Bull

Acting Wg. Cdr

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 12,724 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

Hey - I got 18 too ! :cool: It tended to be the US political/economic ones that I fluffed.... graemlins/no.gif
"Stand by to pull me out of the seat if I get hit" - Guy Gibson

#6 FramerT

FramerT

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

19......the cotton gin questions :confused:
Posted Image

#7 Stevin

Stevin

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

66% - 20

Also my achilles heel was the US economic/political Q's
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!" - Homer Simpson
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 bigiceman

bigiceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:49 PM

21 correct. The cotton question and a lot of the true false questions at the beginning.

Looks like Platton has the lead at 87%.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEABLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT ONLY BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF. GEORGE ORWELL

#9 T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner

Genuine Chief

• Members
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

An 86 mostly because of the politically correct nonsense on the test. I also disagree with several of the "correct" answers (which for "test purposes" I gave the politically correct answer to). Had I taken this as part of a course, I might have seriously objected to several of the questions as fundimentally incorrect and asked they be dropped from the scoring on that basis.
For example one question asked about when the Japanese advances were halted in the Pacific. The "correct" answer was given as Coral Sea and Midway. But, a second answer lists Guadalcanal and Tarawa. The more correct answer is Guadalcanal and Midway half of both answers as Coral Sea did not stop the Japanese advance in the SWPA and, of course, Tarawa was well after Guadalcanal where the landings did turn the tide in the SWPA. Midway was the turning point for the Central Pacific, so half of each....as but one example of several.
I was also strongly offended by all the politically correct crap on the test as well. The entire Mexican Bracero program had little impact before, during or, after the war on US agriculture amounting to only a few thousand workers at most (see what living in a Southwestern US state gets you). But, the authors no doubt felt compelled to be inclusive of each of the current "protected" classes of minorty in the US so they were included.
I think Stevin's quote applies here in spades: "Facts are meaningless.....

#10 skunk works

skunk works

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

Got 21, so what?...somewhat silly test
Lots of "Pork" hanging on to the correct(est) answeres!
Some questions had answers in which "all" were correct, with some more correct than others.
Allied intentions against Japan questions.
Yes we did try to get air bases in China to bomb Japan
Yes we did stage in Austrailia and New Guineau to attack from
Yes we did island hop
Yes we did come from all sides to encircle, submarines especially.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says "Yes", you know he's a crook. Groucho Marx

#11 skunk works

skunk works

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:45 PM

As T.A. said
Coral sea did not stop the Japanese, nor were they defeated there. Technically a tonnage victory for them.
Midway took precedence after that battle, but the main plan (attack Eastern Australia) was not abandoned because of Coral Sea.
Guadalcanal was Americas first offensive (in the Pacific) and was bitterly contested because both knew that the winner of that would have the "Offensive" momentum.
"Iron Bottom Sound" is not a contrived name.
Tarawa & Pelileu might fit together better, for results/benefits/cost.
Santa Cruise & Coral Sea might fit together better, for results/benefits/cost.
AS was said...Midway & Guadalcanal might fit together better for results/benefits/cost, for the correct-est answer.
As Iwo Jima & Okinawa seem to go hand in hand, again, as far as results/benefits/cost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says "Yes", you know he's a crook. Groucho Marx

#12 Ali Morshead

Ali Morshead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:34 AM

Only 70%, ditto to the doubtful answers, did the Big 3 plan DDay at Teheran?, or just agree on its implementation. Some Pom named Morgan had a lot to do with the planning.

Unconditional Victory a poor reply to no Second Front??
Whe're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of OZ - 6 Australian Infantry Div, Bardia January 1941

#13 Major Destruction

Major Destruction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:21 AM

The British were reluctant to attack the Germans in France because what?

That is why, no doubt they placed a British general in command of the operation.

A date would have been a nice inclusion in this question. In 1942 the British were reluctant to attack the Germans in France because they thought they'd get beat. The Americans were not all that confident of their chances in North Africa either. Fortunately, they didn't fight the Germans on the beaches there.
If dogs don't go to heaven, I'd like to go where they go.

#14 Joe

Joe

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

22 correct answers or 73%- there could have been more fighting-related questions, I did not have a clue about the economy questions! What the hell is cotton-gin? some form of drink?!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users