Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by wes1, May 18, 2008.

1. wes1

wes1 Member

Hello,

I'm a new member (as of yesterday), I have always loved WWII and the 1940's era, I'm interested in about every thing that happened in the good ol' 40's!! I'm also a stamp collector an have a 1940-1950 era HO scale train set!! Just wondering, What are medals at the side of peoples picture for? And if you win them how can I get one?:confused::confused:

Tomcat likes this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hello Wes. Welcome on the forum. The medals on the left reflect your experience. After so many posts you will get one and the more you stay on the forum (and post) the more medals you will get. However pure quantity does not work, posting should be informative. This avoid three letter posts like "lol", "yes" etc.. On the right side you have your reputation light. This will show your reputation points (see the little scale above each post) . When you have 100 rep points you'll get a little blue medal. Hope this helps.

wes1 likes this.
  3. krieg

krieg Ace

hi wes and welcome aboard
    a great place you have came to with lots of frendly people
    you will enjoy your stay
    cheers krieg

4. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Hi Wes -- Welcome! I will one day have a large stamp collection, whenever my parents decide to get rid of their collection. They have a huge number of WWII era stamps and earlier. I am looking forward to getting them, but will be happy to wait a long time to do so! I am glad you asked the question regarding the medals. I received a purple heart the other day and was still trying to figure out where I had been wounded!

Cheers!

5. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

G'day mate and welcome:)

Because I am in a good mood I will give you some rep,(the little blue ribbons), your first one:)

6. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Welcome Wes!

I'm into trains myself, unfortunately I don't have a vintage set as yours is, I have 2 replicas though! Anyway, good to have you here!

7. wes1

wes1 Member

Thanks a lot!!!!:flag_USAwave::uboot:

8. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Welcome to the Forum. You will find that many of the Rogues have similar interests. Enjoy!