Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

EC soccer 2008

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes! Yes! YYEEESSSSSS!!

Three weeks of soccer at the highest level in Europe!

What country is your favourite to win?

Mine is Italy and my "black horse" is the Dutch team. Germany usually plays well byt we´ll see. Spain is good but somehow has almost always more or less failed the big test.

Oh so many interesting stars playing! My vote for the best goal scorer goes to 1.Toni 2. Ronaldo 3. Villa...

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Nice game last night for Spain with Villa scoring three. Interesting second goal for Sweden but Zlatan scored one great one first.

3. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Already said spain and torres for top scorer on footy thread i think villa has other ideas!

4. Mats

Mats Member

Kai-Petri!

Have you changed your mind about Italy? It pleased me very much to see Holland beat them!
    Holland and Spain is my favourites, although I would not mind if Sweden would be the surprice of this tournament!

2 - 0 against defending champions! I love our 2nd goal! Did you see - the shot was extremely hard - the ball managed to pass the goalline! :)

Mats

5. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I didnt see the Portugal game, but I think right now my bet would be on Spain and the Netherlands. Spain really laid it down on Russia...so much skill on that team that Fabregas is a sub! The Netherlands showed some steel by thrashing the World Cup Champions 3 - 0. I think there might be some suprises in some groups, but nothing like what Greece did in the last EC.

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Not really....but I always love to see "good attacking football"!!

I trust Italy will be back with vengeance but this time I think their game was so poor ( note the defenders did not mark their attackers well at all) that I cannot say anything else but great football by Holland!

And last night Spain was absolutely fabulous!

7. Mussolini

Not impressed with Portugal (watching them vs. Czechs) right now. A bit lucky on their first goal. Should really be be 1 - 0 in favor of Czechs, not all tied up.

And, OMFG, Ronaldo is seriously the biggest diver I have ever seen. All this talk about how great he is should be taken with several grains of salt. If I was playing, I wouldn't be knocked to the ground nearly as much as he goes down, and he is much bigger then me. They even showed a reply of the last one. The guy was about 10 feet away and Ronaldo goes down, draws the foul. The guy made a slight sweep at the ball, nothing near making contact with ball or Ronaldo, yet Ronaldo goes down like the little panzy-ass i know him to be!!!

8. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

The Portugal Czech game has a misleading result. I think the Czecs did a great job and the last goal was scored when they just couldn't take it anymore (the team was really busted).

My bets are on Germany this year. They have a supperb team. This may sound wierd but as long as Portugal doesn't win I'm happy :S

Cheers...

9. Mussolini

Count Germany out. They lost today against Croatia. They should beat Austria pretty easily, but Poland might pull off a win against an 'already qualified' Croatia. I think...

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Great game by Croatia. Their coach has done a great job to keep the team working together. Germany did not look that good this time. Awful red card by Schweinsteiger in the end.

11. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Ronaldo should of played in the days of the likes of Tommy smith:cool: liverpool legend he would of gone down alright but the the slimy little F#*!~R WOULD NOT OF GOT BACK UP:D as for germany, losing boo hoo spain, are gonna win it said it before and when they win their next game, i will at the risk of repeating myself say it again;)

12. Mussolini

Germany still has a chance as Poland drew with Austria (stoppage time penalty saved the day for Austria). But if thats how Germany plays against a decent, not great, team they'll be knocked out next round.

13. Mussolini

Todays Predictions:

Italy 2 - 0 Romania
    Netherlands 2 - 1 France

14. bigfun

bigfun Ace

I don't usually watch soccer, but when I read this thread yesterday, I thought I'd give it a shot! Last nights game, Germany vs. Croatia, was pretty cool!

Go Dutch!!

15. Mussolini

Went out to lunch, so havent been able to watch the Italy game. Watching it right now, and apparently its Italy 1 - Romania 1!! This will be the biggest upset so far, I think, if Romania pulls off a win or holds on for a draw. Don't know which team is dominating play (myp2p.eu gives me a korean channel but sound is muted anyways as am at work). Italians are on the attack more consistently though. Romania apparently scored first though!!

16. Mussolini

Romania missed a PK in the last 10 minutes! If they had scored, it would have been Italy 1 - Romania 2....and the biggest upset so far! France vs. Netherlands now...should be a good one, Henry is back in the lineup for France.

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Go 9ers !

oooooooooops wrong country/team

go Holland, kick French rear, sorry Skip ......... :D watching that game right now nil to nil but that will change shortly, thought so, Netherlands up 1-0

18. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Mein Gott ! The Dutch just kicked the French A**'s right out of the stadium 4-1, I am surprised .......

exciting

19. Mussolini

Who scored the 4th? I turned off at 3-1! Italians were lucky to come away with a draw today - France vs. Germany is going to be one bitter game!

20. bigfun

bigfun Ace

WOO HOO!! Go Dutch!!

hahahahahaha "go 9'ers!" hahahaha! you crack me up!