Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Electronic Versions of Books/Publications

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by macrusk, Jun 15, 2008.

1. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

I tripped over the electronic version of the book written by Canada's official Historian Colonel C.P. Stacey in the 1950s. I read this back in the 1980s and had not found a copy for some time, so am happy to now have a copy for free! There were several other books and publications in pdf at the Canadian Forces Directorate of History and Heritage site and thought I would publish the WWII ones here and will post the non-WWII ones in the Non-WWII Military History section of the Forum:

Electronic Books WWII from the Canadian Forces Directorate of History and Heritage:

Official History of the Canadian Army in the Second World WarVolume I SIX YEARS OF WAR The Army in Canada, Britainand the Pacific

Official History of the Canadian Armyin the Second World War Volume III THE VICTORY CAMPAIGN The Operations in North-West Europe 1944-1945

ARMS, MEN AND GOVERNMENTS THE WAR POLICIES OF CANADA 1939 – 1945

The Canadian Army, 1939-1945 : An Official Historical Summary

A HISTORY OF CANADIAN NAVAL AVIATION 1918-1962

The Naval Service of Canada : Its Official History. Vol 2, Activities on Shore During the Second World War

Official History of the Canadian Medical Services, 1939-1945, Vol 1 Organization and Campaigns

Official History of the Canadian Medical Services, 1939-1945, Vol 2 Clinical Subjects

The R.C.A.F. Overseas, Volume 1: The First Four Years

The R.C.A.F. Overseas, Volume 2: The Fifth Year

The R.C.A.F. Overseas, Volume 3: The Sixth Year

Canadian Committee for the History of the Second World War: First Conference Proceedings, 1977

Canadian Military Heritage, Volume III 1872-2000

Liberation: The Canadians in Europe

Second World War as a National Experience

Aerodrome of Democracy: Canada and the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan 1939-1945

Official history of the Canadian Army in the Second World War, Vol II The Canadians in Italy, 1943-1945

2. Bootie

Bootie Member

Excellent thanks for sharing Michelle. :)