7 replies to this topic

#1 Parasrus

Parasrus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:11 AM

Hi guys.

At the moment i'm working on the book about the 325th AIR of 82nd Airborne division.

I'm already finished WWI part. And now working on the Italian campaign of WWII and there part in it.

I'll be much obliged if someone can help me in obtaining additional information (maps, photos, battle reports). And any information on 325th would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Airborne!
Dennis

#2 GPRegt

GPRegt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Dennis

What do you already have by way of books, reports etc? Once I know this, I can then point you towards some others that will be of help.

Steve W.

#3 Parasrus

Parasrus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

Hi Steve,

thanks for your response. Here's what i have at the moment:

American Armies and Battlefields in Europe. American Battle Monuments Commission. Government Printing Office, 1938.

82d Division Summary of Operations in the World War. American Battle Monuments Commission. Government Printing Office, 1944.

History of the 82d Division. American Expeditionary Force. Division Officers. Bobbs-Merrill, Indianapolis, 1919.

That's War William P. Sirmon. The Linmon Company, Atlanta, 1929

They are covering WWI part pretty well.

Unfortunatly WWII parts is a really hard on info (especially After Action Reports). I have some of them covering Normandy, but also not that much.

Here is the list of books i have:

"All American, All the Way: The Combat History of the 82nd Airborne Division in World War II" by Phil Nordyke

"82nd Airborne in Normandy" by Dominique Francois

"Operation Market Garden: Then & Now"

"82nd Airborne Division: 1917-2005" by Dominique Francois

"82nd Airborne" by Fred Pushies

And some others.

But what i'm desperately looking for - After Action Reports. I know that you can see some of them in 82nd Airborne Museum and D-day museum and i plan to visit US next spring.

But i'll be glad if you can point me were i can collect additional information before my visit:)

Thanks in advance.

#4 GPRegt

GPRegt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

I can only advise on WWII. Looks like you've got a good spread of books. I'd also recommend:

Ridgway's Paratroopers - Clay Blair

Airborne Operations in World War II, European Theater, John C. Warren

Airborne Missions in the Mediterranean, 1942-1945, by John C. Warren

Steve W.

#5 Parasrus

Parasrus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:12 AM

Thanks Steve.

I'll check those books. And i really hope i'll be able to work with After Action reports during my US visit.
"Today I do what others won't so when tomorrow comes, I'll be able to do what others can't."

-saying on the wall in the 82d's Assault CP Platoon.

#6 Jan7

Jan7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

User's Awards

¬†

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi guys.

At the moment i'm working on the book about the 325th AIR of 82nd Airborne division.

I'm already finished WWI part. And now working on the Italian campaign of WWII and there part in it.

I'll be much obliged if someone can help me in obtaining additional information (maps, photos, battle reports). And any information on 325th would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Airborne!
Dennis

Dear Dennis:

More months ago, I found a machine search very interesting. Here are his results. Read and choose the most convenient for your job: Defense Technical Information Center: Search

Ahhh! Posted Image

Jan.
La llave de la libertad es la sabiduria. El cerrojo de la esclavitud la ignorancia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
U-Historia, Ubootwaffe 1939-1945 History of UBootwaffe in Spanish
http://www.forospyware.com In Spanish

#7 Parasrus

Parasrus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:40 AM

Muchas gracias. Es un sitio realmente agradable. i lo utilizar√°n para mi proyecto.

I really appreciate all your help guys.
"Today I do what others won't so when tomorrow comes, I'll be able to do what others can't."

-saying on the wall in the 82d's Assault CP Platoon.

#8 36thID

36thID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

I attend church with a member of the 82nd 325th Glider Reg. A great man that has some incredible stories. Came to the 82nd after Italy. To this day Mr. McClure could still kick some kiester if he had to !! His hero was Gen Gavin said he knew him . Earned 2 purple hearts and a Silver Star.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users