Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Information request

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Parasrus, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Parasrus

Parasrus Member

Hi guys.

At the moment i'm working on the book about the 325th AIR of 82nd Airborne division.

I'm already finished WWI part. And now working on the Italian campaign of WWII and there part in it.

I'll be much obliged if someone can help me in obtaining additional information (maps, photos, battle reports). And any information on 325th would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Airborne!
    Dennis

2. GPRegt

GPRegt Member

Dennis

What do you already have by way of books, reports etc? Once I know this, I can then point you towards some others that will be of help.

Steve W.

3. Parasrus

Parasrus Member

Hi Steve,

thanks for your response. Here's what i have at the moment:

American Armies and Battlefields in Europe. American Battle Monuments Commission. Government Printing Office, 1938.

82d Division Summary of Operations in the World War. American Battle Monuments Commission. Government Printing Office, 1944.

History of the 82d Division. American Expeditionary Force. Division Officers. Bobbs-Merrill, Indianapolis, 1919.

That's War William P. Sirmon. The Linmon Company, Atlanta, 1929

They are covering WWI part pretty well.

Unfortunatly WWII parts is a really hard on info (especially After Action Reports). I have some of them covering Normandy, but also not that much.

Here is the list of books i have:

"All American, All the Way: The Combat History of the 82nd Airborne Division in World War II" by Phil Nordyke

"82nd Airborne in Normandy" by Dominique Francois

"Operation Market Garden: Then & Now"

"82nd Airborne Division: 1917-2005" by Dominique Francois

"82nd Airborne" by Fred Pushies

And some others.

But what i'm desperately looking for - After Action Reports. I know that you can see some of them in 82nd Airborne Museum and D-day museum and i plan to visit US next spring.

But i'll be glad if you can point me were i can collect additional information before my visit:)

Thanks in advance.

4. GPRegt

GPRegt Member

5. Parasrus

Parasrus Member

Thanks Steve.

I'll check those books. And i really hope i'll be able to work with After Action reports during my US visit.

6. Jan7

Jan7 Member

Dear Dennis:

More months ago, I found a machine search very interesting. Here are his results. Read and choose the most convenient for your job: Defense Technical Information Center: Search

Ahhh! [​IMG]

Jan.

7. Parasrus

Parasrus Member

Muchas gracias. Es un sitio realmente agradable. i lo utilizarán para mi proyecto.

I really appreciate all your help guys.

8. 36thID

36thID Member

I attend church with a member of the 82nd 325th Glider Reg. A great man that has some incredible stories. Came to the 82nd after Italy. To this day Mr. McClure could still kick some kiester if he had to !! His hero was Gen Gavin said he knew him . Earned 2 purple hearts and a Silver Star.