Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

POW in Japan

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Jacques, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Jacques

Jacques recruit

Hi everyone,
    I am cheating here a little...My father was a POW in a Fukuoka camp and I can't find his name on any of the available rosters. I've been looking for months and tried various methods. I am in the process of requesting his info from the British Archives @ Kew. If there is anyone who can remember him or give me any tips, that would be wonderful! I am a Brit living in SD, USA, my family all still being in UK. My dad was English, Name of Michael Terance Jacques, born in Liverpool 1921, was captured in Java, taken to Japan, ended up in a Fukuoka camp, worked in the mines. When liberated I think he was one that went home straght away more or less. Travelled across Canada to USA, not sure where exactly but probably sailed home from NY. He was a signalman in the RCS.
    Any help whatsoever would be great! Even if it seems small! Thanks! Jacques.

2. rainbowtrout

rainbowtrout Member

3. Mathsmal

Mathsmal Member

4. greglewis

greglewis Member

Jacques
    Did you get any further with your research?
    I am currently the editing the secret diaries of a prison who appears to have gone through the same experience as your father. Did you find out which he camp he was in?
    Greg