Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For Red Sox Nation

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by dgmitchell, Jul 26, 2008.

1. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

OK Ladies and Gents -- The Yankees have a forum on these pages so it is only fitting that Red Sox Nation have its own forum -- one that is louder and better than the Yankee forum! So here we go . . . . what are your thoughts on this Season, past Seasons and all things Red Sox?

I'll start us off with the thing that has been bugging me for years. . . . Jim Rice BELONGS in the Hall of Fame. If we have any sports writers among our ranks, please vote for Jim Ed for next year. He was the most dominating player in the game for a long time in the late 70's/early 80's and he derserves to be enshrined!

2. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

I am a Red Sox fan.

3. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Well Shooter -- It looks like that makes two of us! At the moment, I am just hoping that Pedroia and Youkilis do not have nagging injuries that plague them all season!

SMLE shooter likes this.
  4. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

Exactly. But we really need a relievers that we can trust.:)

5. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

We beat the Rays!.... Sweet revenge!

6. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

It was a good start but we still have 161+ games to go!

7. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

Exactly.

8. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

*Yawn*

bandwagon Red Sox fans that come out of the woodwork in recent years.

A model of a small market team that competes, its all about the St Louis Cardinals ;)

Down with the so called Red Sox Nation, the Red Bird nation is still stronger, if only for historical reasons.

9. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I am going to abstain from this thread until after the All-Star Break. I do like the Sox just not more than my A's.

I will; however, gladly take part in any bashing of Anaheim.

10. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Well dg, I am not going to open my own thread, and I despise the Yankees so I will post in your thread. Hope you don't mind. I am furious right now. Again the Phillies start off slow. Cole Hamels, WS MVP, did not throw a single pitch all off season. Too busy with all those interviews to properly train for his job. Now he is having elbow troubles. Looks like things arn't headed in the right direction. The team needs to learn the value of a good start to the season.

11. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Interesting, the Flag of Red Sox Nation has become a rallying point for all who oppose the Yankees! You are all welcome here!

Von Mannerheim -- I agree that the Cardinals are a quality organization. I have enjoyed that team for years and I always choose them for my team name when I have an NL squad in our local youth baseball league. The owner of the Cardinals sent my son a very nice birthday package a few years ago and he has been a fan ever since -- the letter included an invitation to try out for the team when my son gets out of high school so he will cherish that letter forever.

Former Jughead -- The A's are an interesting team. They were a lot of fun in the 70's and again in the late 80's but right now I cannot get into them.

Mike -- I agree that the Phillies season is not off to a great start but it is early yet. Give the team some time. Hamels is one of my favorite young NL pitchers (second only to Lincecum) but I agree that he should have spent more time conditioning.

12. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I am a bit of a Sox fan, mainly because that was the name of the Dixie Youth (Little League, for you non-Southerners) baseball team that I played on a year or 35 ago. We were pretty good, if I don't mind saying so myself. We were city champs 3 of the 4 years I was on that team.

SMLE shooter likes this.
  13. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

And I have no doubt that the team collapsed as soon as Slip retired!

14. RocketFlight

RocketFlight Member

I will be there for the bashing of Anaheim. I actually have two favorite teams. The A's and Dodgers. My dad has season tickets to the A's and I'll be going to the Home Opener on friday.

formerjughead likes this.
  15. formerjughead

Home opener is against the Sox right?

16. formerjughead

They started slipping as soon as Hudson, Moulder, Hatteberg, McGwyer, Mennichino, Tehada, Kendal, Swisher, Ron Washington and Ken Macha went away.

I blame the last 2 seasons on Billy Beane not giving Washington the Manager's position. Bob Gerhen is a total POS and should be beaten with a stick.

Brad

17. RocketFlight

RocketFlight Member

Seattle. They play the Boston on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednsday of next week. So 4/13, 4/14, 4/15.

18. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Well, since you mentioned it....:p

19. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Mike, fear not. The Fightin's pulled off a come-from-behind 12-11 pitcher's duel today. Hamels goes on Friday in Colorado. At 1-2, they are in the same position as the start of last season. The ring ceremony today was fun to watch. I don't care much about the American League, as long as the Yankees get pounded regularly.

20. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

The Phillies looked good in their come back yesterday. The second best game of the day, after the lowly Orioles defeat of the Yankees.

Maybe the new stadium is cursed and the Yankees will never win again? After all, they've destroyed the House that Ruth built!