We Need Your Help - Become a Site Supporter

For 16 years we've been delivering WWII discussion and research, help support our efforts for the next 16 years. Become a WW2 Forums Patron!

Photo
- - - - -

New Gallery Support & Assistance Forum

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,076 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

All-right take a knee ladies and gentlemen.

In an effort to clean up and improve our Gallery, the OKF have decided to create a new support section for our gallery. Post any issues/comments/questions here.

Dismissed. :S!

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png
Twitter_logo_blue_16.png twitter

#2 Joe

Joe

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

Not really asking for assistance, just a whine to all users of the gallery. Like I said in my thread, please tell us what the picture is!

Oh and Scarface, please may you also post the caption to your Willie & Joe pictures! :D
Posted Image

#3 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,076 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

I agree Joe, the gallery has a ton of great photos, but we could be doing a better job of making the images a good resource for research. Detailed descriptions, accurate dates etc, will really help this.

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png
Twitter_logo_blue_16.png twitter

#4 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • LocationFestung Colorado

User's Awards

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

Here is a Guide on how to Upload an Image to the Gallery, and then post its Thumbnail into a Post. Its a Thumbnail Guide (no pun intended).

To start off, please click on the Gallery Link on the top of the page.

Posted Image

You will be then taken to this screen, where you need to click on the Upload Photos button.

Posted Image

You can Upload 5 Images at a time. On this screen, be sure to fill in a Title and Description. You can change these for each Image once they have been uploaded.

Posted Image

Once the Image has been Uploaded, you can change the description and title on this screen, before you Process the image. Click Process when you are ready.

Posted Image

Once you click Process, you will be taken to a screen showing the uploaded Image along with your other images. Click on the Image you want to get the thumbnail for.

Posted Image

This page will show the image (clicking on the Image itself brings you to the full-size view of it if it is a large image). It also shows the name of the image, the description, keywords, who posted the image, etc. Towards the bottom of this information is a link - Linked Thumbnail - by clicking ONCE on this URL, it will select the entire URL. Click Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the URL and paste it in a thread.

Posted Image

And there you have it! Thumbnails in your posts!

Like so:

Posted Image
  • Otto, Za Rodinu and macrusk like this

#5 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

Here is the updated guide. I can improve upon it later if its not too clear.

Link removed by Moderator

#6 Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu

Aquila non capit muscas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,809 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

Roasted Sheep Heads! I've got to make myself a T-shirt out of this :lol:

Quousque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra...

#7 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

new restaurant attire ~ M ~ ??

#8 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

:) Its actually the first Image of Za I did before finding that Red Rabbi one :)

#9 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

On My Picture Gallery how do I delete a Picture.

And for some reason I have One picture in four different places other Pictures in two files???? When I click on edit I click on the Browser change the Picture and File info and all 4 pictures change on 4 different Files????. thi also happened with the Pictures and file that are doubled???

Can't we have a Simple Delete Picture and info. With no need to change for other Picture.

I need to remove 7 Pictures that have double or just show 2 pictures "Thumbnail" in red, how do I delete them from my file with out having to add any other pictures??
Those that have Evolved will sooner or later
run out of Ammo, and will be at the Merci
from the One who still carries as back up a
34" Warrior Wakizashi Knife!

#10 macrusk

macrusk

Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:06 AM

Could a Moderator/Admin, please advise why when I view Spaniard's photos, or my own in a slide show they are intermixed? It is very confusing. This only happened recently while I am trying to enter ones from my recent 65th Liberation tour and wonder if it is related to the problem Spaniard was having above. Thanks!
Regards, Michelle

Oliver Goldsmith, "I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." :flag_canada_ww2: :flag_canada: :flag_uk:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 16,579 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

I don't know Michelle, but I will look to find out.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#12 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Could a Moderator/Admin, please advise why when I view Spaniard's photos, or my own in a slide show they are intermixed? It is very confusing. This only happened recently while I am trying to enter ones from my recent 65th Liberation tour and wonder if it is related to the problem Spaniard was having above. Thanks!

Ok Michelle I did a quick search of Your Pics about over 150, I see we have two pictures that are same There could be More? No Big Deal I can always Remove and replace if thats the problem I do have over 1000 just for Canada.:D

Now we have Two types of Side shows That I can See. You have 5 small ones at the Same Time Or Above that one Big one that allows you to make the Picture Bigger or smaller to View.

On Mine all 300+++ Pictures that I uploaded show on the Small Pictures that comes out in Rows of 5.

But when I View the One Picture Slide Show some of my Pictures Show others Don't???:confused:

I gave up with the 4 Pictures that are Same I change One all four change with the Same Picture and that goes for the Ones that are doubled also. I only Loaded the Picture Once not on 4 separate Times.

I Also have Two that just shows Picture of the Word Thumbnail In Red Tried to edit and Load New Pictures on both and they stays the same. Therefore I have 8 Picture Around that do this the rest are OK.

#13 macrusk

macrusk

Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

It doesn't matter if we have the same photos Spaniard. I wanted to view mine and they were interrupted by yours, and then when I wanted to watch a slide show of just yours, mine interrupted. We both posted quite a few photos within about 1 hours of each other which may be a factor.

BTW, while some of your photos show Library and Archives Canada as the source and were familiar to me from their online library, I wondered where some of the others were from as I had not seen them before (that I recall) particularly the colour ones and the Dieppe training photos. Thanks
Regards, Michelle

Oliver Goldsmith, "I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." :flag_canada_ww2: :flag_canada: :flag_uk:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 von Poop

von Poop

Waspish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,353 posts
  • LocationPerfidious Albion

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

Having experience of the same bolt-on gallery software, both as user and 'administrator', there is a very simple answer to any problems with it:

It's an absolute box of sh*t.

Hope that's not too technical an explanation.

~A

#15 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

It doesn't matter if we have the same photos Spaniard. I wanted to view mine and they were interrupted by yours, and then when I wanted to watch a slide show of just yours, mine interrupted. We both posted quite a few photos within about 1 hours of each other which may be a factor.

BTW, while some of your photos show Library and Archives Canada as the source and were familiar to me from their online library, I wondered where some of the others were from as I had not seen them before (that I recall) particularly the colour ones and the Dieppe training photos. Thanks

First, Michelle all pictures are National Archive Pictures from WWII Taken by Canadian Photo and Film Crew. Some I added the source, I will add to many more when I get the Chance. I need to confirm many on accounts and dates, Place.

You can fined many at WWII In Colour. all their Pictures have been taken from the Canadian National Archives But they don't Mention It as source I was told there free to use with No mention and that goes for other sites that are doing the same????? Since their Picture format is small hard to upload many of their pictures to this site. I contacted them due to Some of their accounts dates of the Pictures are incorrect.

You can fined those Pictures also on Other Sites and they also have no mention as Source, But I know were they come from.;) I'm a member of other Sites that I've Uploaded many WWII CDN Pictures an we share pictures.

I'll Send you a PM with the Sites

Yes the Dieppe are quite interesting, Indeed. The Canadian National Archives have 1000nds++ of Pictures available that they never Uploaded to their Site or never been seen, Unfortunately gathering dust in some Box.:mad:

#16 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Having experience of the same bolt-on gallery software, both as user and 'administrator', there is a very simple answer to any problems with it:

It's an absolute box of sh*t.

Hope that's not too technical an explanation.

~A

NO Coment :rolleyes: Too Funny:D Lmaooooo

#17 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

OK It's happening Again I have Michelle's Pictures on My Small Slide Show with the 5 pictures 2 are mine 3 are Hers :confused:

The Bottom is My Slide Show and I have Mechelle's Pictures I do Believe. Lmaooooooooo

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users