http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

#2 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,544 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

But, he's like what, old as I am? His parts don't work as well as they did 20 years ago and his warranty is about to expire.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#3 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

Well, we all know how old Vinny was last time he played for the Jets :eek: Gotta uphold the tradition - Chad and Clemens are too young :P

Anyways, should bring in some good revenue for the Jets and make this season an interesting one.

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

#4 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

I would be intrested in what Favre has to say about it. I thought he didn't want to go to New York. Either way New York media is much less forgiving than what he is used to. Not to say he was never under the spotlight, but now its gotten much bigger.
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#5 4th wilts

4th wilts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

where is vinny testaverde now,he had a great arm at the jets.lee.:).
"G-Garmans here.? I don't care much for Garmans .!"Thanks 4th wilts.:) !

#6 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,544 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

He retired at the end of the 2007 season, after playing with Carolina.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#7 4th wilts

4th wilts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

the only chance the jets ever had was when old hawkeye vinnie was there.perhaps kerry collins would have been a better option.old brett is well,too old.:D.

#8 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

Kerry Collins? LMFAO! Brett did have a pretty good season last year. If he can keep that up this year, things should be interesting.

Would be rather ironic to see a Jets/Packers Superbowl :eek:

#9 FramerT

FramerT

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

From what I understood, he could have went where ever he wanted, except the Vikings. He had "talks" with Tampa Bay.
IMO. Brett has tarnished his image with Green Bay. This is like V. Lombardi leaving to coach another team.
Emmit Smith decided he still wanted to play after great years in Dallas and went to the lowly Cardinals.
Joe Montana, same deal.

Brett surely isn't thinking about getting another Super Bowl ring, not with the Jets. I hope the Jets have a decent offensive line so Brett stays upright.
Posted Image

#10 skunk works

skunk works

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Jet Favre

The Packers put a poison pill in the trade deal for Minnesota (or same conference)....three "first round draft picks" to the Packers if you do trade him there. Sports politics.....still dirty.
but then again three trades down the road and no one ever heard of that deal :D.

Two free agent acquisitions, and a first round draft pick ought to give him an offensive line to hide behind. I hope the Jets stomp the Patriots, since they play each other so much, or used to.

Still Brett was a "God" in Green Bay and could do no wrong, even if he did.
Get ready to acquire "A New York State of Mind". No mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says "Yes", you know he's a crook. Groucho Marx

#11 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

1) Brett's image is more than just tarnished in Green Bay. It is tarnished everywhere.
2) The Jets will still smell slightly more pungent than eggs left out in the heat for 6 weeks.
3) The Patriots will still crush their division, including the Jets.
4) It will be New England then Buffalo in the East!

#12 1911Colt

1911Colt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

Favre is good for 2 more wins (making it 6) than last season.
Welcome to the AFC Brett. Prepare to be humbled.

#13 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:52 AM

Heh...we have a buffalo fan in our midst...you might as well move to Miami :eek:

#14 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:27 AM

Heh...we have a buffalo fan in our midst...you might as well move to Miami :eek:

I AM NOT A BILLS FAN!!!! I was trying to find a backhanded way to insult the Jets and Fins! For clarity, my teams are the Patriots and the Bucs, in that order. If I manage to draft David Garrard this year, I will also follow the Jags.

#15 4th wilts

4th wilts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

i like new england patriots,probably because england is mentioned,but my auntie shirly used to live in tampa,and i like chucky.go tampa.lee.:eek:

#16 JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

"Brett Favre, who only three weeks ago said he planned to remain retired, changed his mind yet again Tuesday, agreeing to join the Minnesota Vikings after all. It’s the second time in two years that Favre announced he was retired, only to reverse course soon after.

The Vikings, who had courted Favre throughout the off-season only to be left empty-handed on the eve of training camp, planned to address the media later Tuesday. When Favre initially said he would not come back, Coach Brad Childress said the team would move forward with the quarterbacks on its roster and had no interest in Favre."

Could he get any more annoying?

http://www.nytimes.c...19favre.html?hp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you want peace work for justice" -Pope Paul VI

Jon

#17 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm saddened to hear this, I am a Vikings fan (of sorts) and would like to see Favre aid the effort toward a SB, but I cannot help but feel his contribution will be minimal in the long run, and disruptive in the short.

I also would hate to see the 39 year old guy (an old man in the QB position these days), injured to the point he pays for the game with major injury. Old bones, ligiments, and muscle don't "react" as easily as they once did.

Will hold off on a condemnation of this, but I have a "bad feeling".
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#18 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

Well Clint, I will condem it for you. This is a very bad idea. As it stands he will be remembered as some old guy who couldn't come to grips with the fact he was getting older. Emmit Smith was a great running back. However my lasting memory of such a great RB is him struggling to earn 30 yards a game with Arizona. Same with Montana. I remember Montana more as an average QB with the Chiefs than how he deserved to be remembered as a 49er. At least Elway got out when he was both on top, and still had "it". Favre should have taken notice.
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#19 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

Well Clint, I will condem it for you. This is a very bad idea. As it stands he will be remembered as some old guy who couldn't come to grips with the fact he was getting older. Emmit Smith was a great running back. However my lasting memory of such a great RB is him struggling to earn 30 yards a game with Arizona. Same with Montana. I remember Montana more as an average QB with the Chiefs than how he deserved to be remembered as a 49er. At least Elway got out when he was both on top, and still had "it". Favre should have taken notice.

I just ran into this over on NFL.com and it made me re-think my skeptisim a bit, if only a bit.

Favre is getting a chance to experience what John Elway had when his Broncos won two Super Bowls with Terrell Davis in the backfield. In 1998, Elway only played in 12 games and threw just 356 passes (166 fewer than Favre last year), but he got 2,008 yards rushing and 21 touchdowns from Davis and still managed to throw 22 touchdown passes while being sacked only 18 times. Childress will have the ability to spice up this offense in many ways and has done them all in the past with the Eagles. But he's also smart enough to know that winning doesn't have to look fancy. "Vanilla" works, if he cares to go in that direction.

What Denver had in 1997-98 was a fresh Elway down the stretch and all the way to two Super Bowls. The Vikings got to the playoffs last year without Favre, but couldn't do a thing once there. Now they will have Favre.

Favre's presence turns vanilla Vikings into a spicy, dangerous mix

Now, if Favre can add that extra "worry" for defensive co-ordinating coaches, they won't be able to focus on Petersen so closely in the first couple of downs. Like it or not, Favre does add that worry, as well as the 'opps" factor of INTs.

BTW, that Monday Night game was pretty good for a preseason game, I thought we might end up with an OT for a while there.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#20 JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:00 PM

It seems to me quite rude. The past two years he has received hordes of attention as everything was his "last" There were all this tributes made etc. and now for the second time he comes back and joins another different team! Imagine what Packers fans are feeling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you want peace work for justice" -Pope Paul VI

Jon

#21 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

I just ran into this over on NFL.com and it made me re-think my skeptisim a bit, if only a bit.

Favre is getting a chance to experience what John Elway had when his Broncos won two Super Bowls with Terrell Davis in the backfield. In 1998, Elway only played in 12 games and threw just 356 passes (166 fewer than Favre last year), but he got 2,008 yards rushing and 21 touchdowns from Davis and still managed to throw 22 touchdown passes while being sacked only 18 times. Childress will have the ability to spice up this offense in many ways and has done them all in the past with the Eagles. But he's also smart enough to know that winning doesn't have to look fancy. "Vanilla" works, if he cares to go in that direction.

What Denver had in 1997-98 was a fresh Elway down the stretch and all the way to two Super Bowls. The Vikings got to the playoffs last year without Favre, but couldn't do a thing once there. Now they will have Favre.

Favre's presence turns vanilla Vikings into a spicy, dangerous mix

Now, if Favre can add that extra "worry" for defensive co-ordinating coaches, they won't be able to focus on Petersen so closely in the first couple of downs. Like it or not, Favre does add that worry, as well as the 'opps" factor of INTs.

BTW, that Monday Night game was pretty good for a preseason game, I thought we might end up with an OT for a while there.

Hello Clint. Unfortunatly I can not agree with that. While Favre will always add that worry factor I just don't feel he has "it" anyore. His passes have become questionable over the years. He doesn't even have any strength behind it. Favre kind of just lobs it up and hopes it's his reciever that comes down with the ball. The biggest diffrence I see with Elway and Favre is that Elway actually signed a contract in between seasons and showed up for camp. Favre himself said he would still play if he didn't have to go to camp. Now that the tough part of training camp is over he wants to play:rolleyes:

It seems to me quite rude. The past two years he has received hordes of attention as everything was his "last" There were all this tributes made etc. and now for the second time he comes back and joins another different team! Imagine what Packers fans are feeling.

More like the last five years. Remember why the Packers drafted Rodgers? Because Favre was going to retire. But then after they drafted a new QB, who now must get paid first round draft money, Favre decides to play, and then does the same crap again year after year ever since.

#22 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hello Clint. Unfortunatly I can not agree with that. While Favre will always add that worry factor I just don't feel he has "it" anyore. His passes have become questionable over the years. He doesn't even have any strength behind it. Favre kind of just lobs it up and hopes it's his reciever that comes down with the ball. The biggest diffrence I see with Elway and Favre is that Elway actually signed a contract in between seasons and showed up for camp. Favre himself said he would still play if he didn't have to go to camp. Now that the tough part of training camp is over he wants to play:rolleyes:

I don't disagree with your interpretation, but the odds makers in Vegas seem to do so. They moved the Vikings from 24 to 1 in making the SB, to 12 to 1. They also changed the odds of them making the NFC Championship from 12 to 1 to something like 5 to 1. It appears to the odds makers that adding Favre is the "missing piece" from a pretty decent team with good to excellent defense, a superior running game, and only a questionable QB spot holding them back. We shall see. I hope it is a "good thing", and not a distraction. One thing I noticed already, Favre has replaced Vick in the headlines!
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#23 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

I don't disagree with your interpretation, but the odds makers in Vegas seem to do so. They moved the Vikings from 24 to 1 in making the SB, to 12 to 1. They also changed the odds of them making the NFC Championship from 12 to 1 to something like 5 to 1. It appears to the odds makers that adding Favre is the "missing piece" from a pretty decent team with good to excellent defense, a superior running game, and only a questionable QB spot holding them back. We shall see. I hope it is a "good thing", and not a distraction. One thing I noticed already, Favre has replaced Vick in the headlines!

Hi Clint. I lost all faith in Vegas' odds during last years baseball playoffs. They had better odds for the Phillies to win the WS than any other team left after the first round, but placed the Dodgers with better odds to win the NLCS.

Now that you mentioned the Vick part, my knee jerk reaction to Favre signing with Minnesota was that he couldn't stand Vick hogging the headlines. :D

Personally I think the chances of the Vikings making the SB hinge on the O-line. If they can give AP a large enough hole to run through, it will not matter who the QB is.

#24 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi Clint. I lost all faith in Vegas' odds during last years baseball playoffs. They had better odds for the Phillies to win the WS than any other team left after the first round, but placed the Dodgers with better odds to win the NLCS.

Now that you mentioned the Vick part, my knee jerk reaction to Favre signing with Minnesota was that he couldn't stand Vick hogging the headlines. :D

Personally I think the chances of the Vikings making the SB hinge on the O-line. If they can give AP a large enough hole to run through, it will not matter who the QB is.

I was only pointing out how his addition changed the odds, not that I think they (the odds makers) are always right, or even anything like it. Just that his addition altered the odds, that is all. They do have a pretty good O line, a great D., and the "distraction/worry" of Favre in the QB spot may just open up the downfield receivers, and crossing routes more. I dunno, waiting to see the outcome.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#25 D1J1

D1J1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

I'd rather see Vick succeed than Favre. Vick committed a crime, paid the price and seems to want to do right.

Favre is a self-centered, revenge seeking individual interested primarily in an individual goal, sticking it to the Packers. I can't help but think he has hurt this team more than he's helped it. That's based on his ego-centric approach combined with the decision to come back when camp is basically over and being handed a job without sharing in the sacrifices of camp.

This seems more like "Days of Our Lives" or the WWE than the NFL.

Regards,
Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users